Deep x losers

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you seat on tournament that you are in a table with about 5 or 6 players losers and you are deep (100bb) but you’d opponents have about 3 x your stack (about 300 BB)…

How you play?!
What your strategy?!

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are deep then the only important point about 100 vs 300bb is that the 300bb guy can put you out of the tourney. But when you're deep...just play. Don't be splashy. Don't shove specil;ative hands and be prepared to fold when met with significant aggression. (It just isn't worth the aggro).
I tend to play to try and get all my money in and double up if posible, whereas others follow the likes of DNegs and prefer pot control.
Both are valid. Both have pros and cons.
I'd rather get knocked out of a tourney early by being aggressive than fold my way all night only to be blinded out by the bubble.
There is no one single way to play a game.
Even two tables in the same game may have to be approached differently.

So what might be better, is to discuss ranges from positions, bet-sizing in a certain scenario, etc. The question you have asked doens't really have a single answer.
Cheers,
JT

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play as normal. Nothing to worry about.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very unrealistic scenario. Although if we admit, such an outcome can be said that only playing according to a pre-planned game plan for playing in deep stacks is standard betting without fanaticism.