Deep stack - AA or KK

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think your best strategy for you play when you receive AA or KK in a tournament that you are deep stack (more than 60BB)

Any moment you think that you can fold before flop?!

Until moment you thin you can risck your survive on tournament. I would like say about, if there is others opponents and before flop you needed to go all in against more two opponents.

And others problems

Or simply you can to put in the risck and double/triple your stack?!

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will always call with AA, but KK can be folded against 3 or more players.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best strategy for such hands is a preflop all-in, and preferably against one opponent, because the more opponents there are, the lower your chances of winning, pocket aces are of course the strongest hand, but you can often lose with such a hand.
If you play postflop, then you need to make sure that the board is not coordinated and paved, in such a situation it will be difficult to make a call on the opponent's all-in.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best strategy for such hands is a preflop all-in, and preferably against one opponent, because the more opponents there are, the lower your chances of winning, pocket aces are of course the strongest hand, but you can often lose with such a hand.
If you play postflop, then you need to make sure that the board is not coordinated and paved, in such a situation it will be difficult to make a call on the opponent's all-in.

If you are shoving pre-flop with this hand, in the long-run, you are losing a LOT of value. You want to build a pot, yes, but you have 4 streets of betting to do that (Pre-Flop, Flop, Turn, and River).

Will you lose with Aces? Sure, of course you will from time to time, but if you're afraid of your opponents' action every time they play back at you, then you need to work on your fundamentals. For example, on a K72 board, they could have flopped top pair and get married to that hand and will pay you off.

Work on your post-flop game and you'll find that you will do better in the long run than by just shoving them pre-flop because you will almost never get any callers that way, and it will cost you money.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way to fold preflop with AA or KK. Your EV will be mostly the best in the table so we cannot fold them. As for AA, you can hide them and join the game with a call. Because in most situations you will be in plus, but you can receive some bluffs from opponents and call them with pleasure)))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces should only be folded preflop in a satellite tournament, where you have enough chips already to fold your way to a ticket. Kings can sometimes be folded with deep stacks, if there is crazy and usually multiway action. Like you open UTG, UTG+1 3-bets, UTG+2 4-bets and now someone else, who is not a fish or maniac, 5-bet jam. However these situations are extremely rare, so if you never fold KK preflop, that is certainly not going to be a leak in your game. Most of your opponents dont either, so the AA vs. KK coolers are just going to be a wash in the long run.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! :hello:
Previously, with AA and KK, I always made a push and lost by 60%.Now with early and middle I go 3bet or 2\3.And I never push the entire stack with a deep stack.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think your best strategy for you play when you receive AA or KK in a tournament that you are deep stack (more than 60BB)

Any moment you think that you can fold before flop?!

Until moment you thin you can risck your survive on tournament. I would like say about, if there is others opponents and before flop you needed to go all in against more two opponents.

And others problems

Or simply you can to put in the risck and double/triple your stack?!

The main task of the owner of KK (this is how two kings are designated) is to maximize the pot and at the same time "throw out" as many opponents as possible from the drawing. This is necessary in order not to face force majeure situations on the flop. Even marginal hands can go up to the nuts. The probability of winning two kings against one random hand is 82.6%, against two hands - 69.1%, against four - 42.5%. Aggressive preflop play (big raises and re-raises) will help you get rid of unnecessary opponents.You need to enter the drawing with a raise of 3-4 blinds (and even more in freerolls and at micro-stakes). Thus, you increase the bank and eliminate unnecessary opponents. The ideal variant is that in response to your raise, all opponents have folded their cards, and only one of them has called and moved on to the next stage of the play. In this case, you can play quite calmly. On preflop, only a pair of aces can be stronger than two kings, but it is very rare to see two such hands in the same hand.However, in two-kings tournaments, you should play more carefully, especially if you are already approaching the bubble stage or the final table. If someone reraises the preflop raise, you should think carefully about continuing the fight. If you have a solid stack, it is pointless to risk most or all of it. Especially when there are players in the tournament who are about to be "eaten" by the ever-increasing blinds.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion

When you have a pre-flop AA, KK hand, you should always call all or make a reasonable raise pre-flop, to protect your hand from possible players who enter with any type of cards, thus increasing your probability of winning, however if in the flop comes an obvious straight or flush, you have to think carefully about continuing as you could lose. You could play pass and call.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is buble and buyin big for me I can fold if it helps me to guarantee me money. If it's a satellite and it's buble. And if a lot of alli n.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a regular tournament I'd never fold AA preflop (only if I'm risking tournament life for a lifechanging money mind-cash where I'll most definetly get in the money by folding my way through) and almost never KK, maybe if 4 people went all in deep before me and I was at risk. In sattelittes it changes a bit, if I'm guaranteed into the prize I'm folding 99% of the time, I'll oribably call only to burst the bubble if I cover the guy by a lot.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are shoving pre-flop with this hand, in the long-run, you are losing a LOT of value. You want to build a pot, yes, but you have 4 streets of betting to do that (Pre-Flop, Flop, Turn, and River).
I did not mean this, that we need to put all-in right away, with deep stacks we play as usual according to the standard scheme, we go 3bb, if they raise, then we put a re-raise, and so on, we do not call the opponent's bets, but always put a re-raise, it is desirable to bring the bets to all-in on the preflop, otherwise such a board may fall out at which it will be very difficult for us to answer the opponent.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play very agressive preflop, to protect your hand from possible players who enter with any type of cards. GL