deep

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deep into a tournament, about 6 from the money with about 45000 in chips 1000/2000 blinds.. Pays top ten. Dealt A of diamonds and a rag. Small bet by villian , I call. Three diamonds on the flop. Villian bets 6000. Should I fish or fold???

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was that 6000 a pot-size bet? If yes, then you're not getting good enough pot odds to chase the flush and should probably fold (unless you have reason to think you can see the river for free). If you're not sure how the betting on the turn is gonna go, avoid paying more than 33% the pot on the flop and 25% on the turn to chase a flush, because you'll not hit it frequently enough to justify those calls.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was that 6000 a pot-size bet? If yes, then you're not getting good enough pot odds to chase the flush and should probably fold (unless you have reason to think you can see the river for free). If you're not sure how the betting on the turn is gonna go, avoid paying more than 33% the pot on the flop and 25% on the turn to chase a flush, because you'll not hit it frequently enough to justify those calls.
Good advice here. I was just going to say easy fold but this person said it very well..

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stack size of villian and buyin? If you have him covered or similar stack sizes anyways and the mincash isn't a must have for you- I would jam a lot of the time.

He shouldn't be calling it off too wide here since we're so close to the money. We're adding a huge portion to our stack on the times he folds, still have the NFD and possibly the A overcard being live the few times he does look us up. I think shoving is a great play here.

If he's a huge chip leader that can afford to double you up and still make the money then I guess it's a fold, but I more than likely still peel one and then regret it on the turn.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deep into a tournament, about 6 from the money with about 45000 in chips 1000/2000 blinds.. Pays top ten. Dealt A of diamonds and a rag. Small bet by villian , I call. Three diamonds on the flop. Villian bets 6000. Should I fish or fold???

Without more detailed information it's hard to give a definitive answer but from the info provided it's probably a fold as your not getting the odds to fish.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was the majority of the opponents chips, I would call. If he had more chips than you, I would tank then fold.