Decisions

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!
Imagine the situation. Bubble. It remains one seat. Your opponent is the opponent chip leader with a stack of 2 times more than you, and you have an average stack and AA on hand. Chip leader going all in, you're not going to take risks that would not be a BubbleBoy, or take the risk, because if you win you will become the chip leader.
Daniel Negreanu for example once said that we should take the risk.

How do the players of our forum count?
Thanks to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough decision. If it is a big event, the prize for the first eliminated after the bubble is usually less than 1.5x the buy in and it takes a while for the prizes to become really good, so you might be inclined to take the risk to be in the position of winning a huge amount. If it's a smaller tournament and the pay jumps are always great, you might think about ICM. In terms of odds and equity, you're never wrong when calling all in preflop with aces, but if the min cash would be a great thing for you (like a freeroll, for example), folding the aces is not the worst thing ever.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While it it important to cash you need to play for the win as thats where the money is. I would be happy to bubble 3-4 times in a row with aces here if the times I win i make it to the top 3. Based of what you said you win this hand and you become the chip leader. I am going for it here every time.

Only time I would fold aces on the bubble is if all places in the money were the same or a satellite into a bigger event.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take risks, the prize money doesn't interest me..if I go to the tournament I set a goal to get to the final table,nothing else..
Without risk there is no victories.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no problem for me to be the bubble guy I go all for sure!

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble

Guess it would depend on your bankroll. I would bet the Aces -- as they say no balls no glory :rolleyes:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am calling here for a full double-up.

The "risk" should be only ~20% to lose and that's good odds !

Good luck !

kaktyc

kaktyc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is a big tournament with good prizes, then I would think about the risk. I'd probably answer that. My nature.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decision is: what are you in it for?? Bubble or glory?

that situ, a flip with AA, with bubbling out the negative, it's risk/reward. Risk: you lose min payout+buyin. Reward: making the money, continuing up the money ladder, maybe getting a buy-in ticket, if that's a reward. Another reward: the non-monetary factor; the glory. Glory can be money, or just the gut feeling you played at your highest potential for an extended period of time

How often did you feel better after an exhilarating run, that just barely didn't go your way, on the final coin-flip? Of course you felt better when you went all-out.

Especially if you play for micro-stakes freebies. It can't be about making it to the 9 cent reward, or a buck and change in a Cchat freebie. Cchat, it's playing vs real players, who know the ins and outs of tourneys; that's part of why Cchat freebies are hard to win.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Will fold in sat, in other cases will definitely call. Unless it's a huge field high stakes tourney, then I will just fold anything to get in the money 😃

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres no way im ever folding this spot in a regular tournement :D
Getting AA and a bigstack shoving on you is a blessing.
Go for the win ;)

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
personally I would pay, for me it is difficult to fold that hand, but I think it depends on the importance of the tournament, at that time I would think a little more and better, if I'm good at chips and I do not need to risk it, probably fold , but you have to be in that situation and live that experience because it is very easy to say that I pay or not without living that situation