Dealing with Higher Stakes

B

buzzbuzz19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play $10-15 ish buy ins on ACR, but I just binked a smaller tournament and they are running a massive 250k Guaranteed 22$ multi day tourny with 20k+ for first. Just finished my day one and it went pretty well. I'll start day 2 around 500 out of 1500 but with 100bb so plenty deep. I've been in similar spots before and feel like I just play scared and give myself no shot. How do you deal with the adjustment to higher stakes?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How'd your fair? I intentionally skipped this event because the day 2 was on a Monday and I had to work that day. I ended up opting for a one day 50k instead - I think?
And out of nearly 4000 runners I ended the event in the top 150. Not too bad. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont think there are any major adjustments needed, just because you play for 22$ rather than 11$. Especially when the 22$ is a large event, the field will be pretty much the same if not actually softer because of a large number of recreational players taking "shots" or satelliting in. As for playing scared and not giving yourself a shot, thats a mental issue, which only you can solve.