datamining STT and MTT

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have talked about datamining on full tilt ring games before but today I started datamining the MTT and STT now also. Unfortunately this takes a little more effort then datamining the cash games because I can only do 4 at a time. What I do is open 4 $5 STT that just started and log all the hands played in my pokertracker but then I have to do a manual entry for each STT with the places people go so it can give me their ROI in my database. So the next question I'm sure you are asking me is why in the world would I go through all this trouble?

well lately as most of the regulars know I have been having a real rough time on cash games and today after a lot of consideration I decided in a week or so I would totally give up on cash games for awhile and focus on my STT and MTT play. Maybe even do a video or two on them and I want the stats on the regulars that play these STT's. The MTT I'm not too concerned with datamining but I think doing it for STT's is very beneficial to me.

I have had the most success on line in MTT and STT so kinda going back to that for awhile so I can guarantee you will not get a video of me playing cash games for awhile. I do have one on my desktop now but not putting it up because even though I won in the sitting I still feel I'm playing real weak in them. BUT in my STT and MTT play I feel I have been playing super good.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's more trouble than it's worth, Storm.

I'd just play the games, and use PT's imported info from that. I mean you could be playing all the while instead of watching them play, right?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's more trouble than it's worth, Storm.

I'd just play the games, and use PT's imported info from that. I mean you could be playing all the while instead of watching them play, right?

not right now, im not really watching though. What I do is open the 4 tables and go spend time with my son then come back a little later and enter the stats and open 4 more then go eat dinner with wife come back enter stats.

its not like im sitting there watching them constantly. Kinda on a break from my last cash game donkament anyway, its like I go braindead when I sit at a cash game online. I like forget everything I try to teach people, its funny when I do a video I play like I should be playing all the time. BUT as soon as video stops I go dumb.

another reason I plan on staying away from online cash games for a little while.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I appreciate the effort, I don't think it's worth it.

I have statistics on 2,900 players in sng's on Full Tilt, which equates to having 322 sng's mined. Of those 2900 people, I've MAYBE played with 5 of them more than once. I will literally go a week without seeing someone I have stats on. Each one takes over an hour to play, which comes out to over 80 hours of mining if you do 4 at a time, all so you can play the next one with people you've never seen before. Not worth the time or effort.

I play the 5 and 10$ 9 person sngs only.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to verify my perception, I went through all the names from the start (like the names that start with symbols and numbers) down through the starting letter C, and not one person had more than one sng stats recorded.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to verify my perception, I went through all the names from the start (like the names that start with symbols and numbers) down through the starting letter C, and not one person had more than one sng stats recorded.

oh well not doing anything better so might as well, I really wish pokertracker had some better way then to manually enter the tourney stats.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im just guessing here, but seeing some of storms posts b4, he will probably be playing higher buyins than 5 dollars. There are probably more regulars in the 20+ buyin STTs.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im just guessing here, but seeing some of storms posts b4, he will probably be playing higher buyins than 5 dollars. There are probably more regulars in the 20+ buyin STTs.

actully im going to do the step thing and im going to use full tilt shortcuts and multi the $5 ones for awhile. I have not played STT in awhile so I would rather start low to get my feet wet again. Ive run sooo bad latley so would rather stick to low stuff for awhile and work up.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm, sharkscope? :eek:

yea I know but in pokertracker if you dont enter the places a annoying screen keeps popping up when you go to the tourney sections of pokertracker. Only way I know to get rid of it is to enter the places.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there's also a utility that can auto-import FT tourney results into PT. i forget what it's called though, so this post is prety useless. :/

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there's also a utility that can auto-import FT tourney results into PT. i forget what it's called though, so this post is prety useless. :/

the utility is closed down, I got it off pokertracker forums months ago and it stopped working like id say a month or so ago. :D