The Cycle

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The wife says not to put money on my account so I don’t. I’ll play 888 freerolls and build up a few $. When I have $10 I start with 10c-$1 MTTs. I’ll deep run or win a few and always seem to build about a $150 bankroll. The next stage is to yo-yo for a while coming so close to a new highest payout and lose the important flips so I only min cash or bust out before the bubble. Then the last stage is to absolutely never get a hand or if I do (doesn’t mater how good) it’s second best. So now I’m back at zero playing the Freerolls again wondering if I will ever get to the next level. Over the last six months this has happened 5 times. I’m getting real tired of this Groundhog Day type cycle.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
About 6-7 years ago, I had a similar problem. But I have determined for myself which tournaments, according to my statistics, bring me the most income, and I only play them. I never increase the limits and follow a proven profit strategy.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just posted about this in another thread. It seems as if when I deposit money, the poker lords are with me and I usually double my bankroll. As soon as that happens, it seems as if I am placed in another algorithm. The "lets take your money" algorithm, And then, without fail, I will loose my entire bankroll. Without fail. No matter how well I play poker.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Profit is such a thing you chase after it and in the end you get zeros.You need to model your game and think about it.Some players will never get higher than the limit in their life than they are now, it depends directly on their desire and motivation in the game.My advice is to practice more and explore your bad sides.Maybe everything will get better).

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just posted about this in another thread. It seems as if when I deposit money, the poker lords are with me and I usually double my bankroll. As soon as that happens, it seems as if I am placed in another algorithm. The "lets take your money" algorithm, And then, without fail, I will loose my entire bankroll. Without fail. No matter how well I play poker.
I agree, it’s like the good hand spigot has an off/on switch.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The wife says not to put money on my account so I don’t. I’ll play 888 Freerolls and build up a few $. When I have $10 I start with 10c-$1 MTTs. I’ll deep run or win a few and always seem to build about a $150 bankroll. The next stage is to yo-yo for a while coming so close to a new highest payout and lose the important flips so I only min cash or bust out before the bubble. Then the last stage is to absolutely never get a hand or if I do (doesn’t mater how good) it’s second best. So now I’m back at zero playing the Freerolls again wondering if I will ever get to the next level. Over the last six months this has happened 5 times. I’m getting real tired of this Groundhog Day type cycle.
Groundhog Day is great. Although from the outside it seems very boring. It is only important to find a fatter groundhog. For every day.:D

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's an odd experience to deal with.

My history varies a little as I do not have a gambling background and once I learned the game (play money) essentially I went all in on freerolls - I already held a level of skepticism (rightly or wrongly) so kept deposits to a minimum. That being said I have prospered and built bankrolls on a few sites so my view comes from a healthy place.

But what I find is I appear to hit a ceiling. I will build a bankroll - and just to be clear I have never taken a cent out of any to play buy ins, just slowly built- and then hit a complete brick wall of epic proportions (please don't anyone chip in with the 'understanding variance' reply- credit me with some intelligence).

So, my game which is regularly improving with study and experience, is suddenly useless, I cannot win an hand. No, matter I player aggressively or passively I run into better hands every time in a pot. And, this does not go on for days or weeks, but it can last months. Then suddenly it's as if the site is completely re-jiggered and I have a decent run for a spell - always shorter than the bad one, but hey. The outcome, as I have noted before, is it dissuades me from either depositing or taking the game more seriously.

I love to watch some of the poker streamers and am constantly taken aback by their play. Some are intelligent and study seriously (I am not going to throw anyone under the bus here) but some of their play is ludicrous. A couple that I watch often play any vaguely strong hand against other players as though their opponents hold nothing or are bluffing - they just barrel every street regardless of connecting or not. And, it just staggers the imagination how often this 'works'. I try this and I'm dead meat by the first few orbits.

So back to the variance issue in closing. I have been a CC member for 1 1/2 years and played a a few years longer than that (learning) in total. My ambitions or desires are quite simple if variance is what it is. For all these meandering down spells, just give me a nice sun run for a few weeks where I can look back, at least once, and say "remember that fortnight when I couldn't lose?".

To date, and now over a few years, not a sign of one.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
The wife says not to put money on my account so I don’t. I’ll play 888 Freerolls and build up a few $. When I have $10 I start with 10c-$1 MTTs. I’ll deep run or win a few and always seem to build about a $150 bankroll. The next stage is to yo-yo for a while coming so close to a new highest payout and lose the important flips so I only min cash or bust out before the bubble. Then the last stage is to absolutely never get a hand or if I do (doesn’t mater how good) it’s second best. So now I’m back at zero playing the Freerolls again wondering if I will ever get to the next level. Over the last six months this has happened 5 times. I’m getting real tired of this Groundhog Day type cycle.

Just deposit against your wife's consent so you don't play like every tournament is life or death.

Then when your bankroll reaches $1000 flaunt it in front of your wife with these words: "You will never get this... you will never get this"... then use the money for prostitutes!

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

Before knowing Freerolls I played pure NL2 tables, then I risked tournaments and there I started to lose, but I already knew everything, Tournaments, Cash Games, Sit and Go and others, I already put together a routine and I will start it. To put into practice, I hope to do it well, I will only dedicate myself to the NL2 and Freerolls tables, if I have time I will play the tournaments with good prizes.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to play where you always manage to be profitable. Do not rush to raise the limits.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just keep playing the stakes that you are winning at. If the $0.50 tournaments give you a good ROI but the $1 tournaments you find harder, then stick to the $0.50 tournaments even if your bankroll supports higher buy in. You will always go through streaks of bad luck when nothing seems to go right so ensure you have enough to last. Nothing wrong with dropping back stakes to ensure you have a bankroll and not bust.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to continue playing what works for you and not get out of your bankroll, imagine that those 6 months you would have continued as you started maybe at this moment you could go to another level, playing out of bankroll is the problem and also wanting to achieve objectives in a very a short time, it is essential not to despair and continue focused and thus you will achieve the objectives:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I understand you, it happens to me to be a regular player and leveling up is the most difficult thing, but faith that I am going to leave and surely you are also passion and perseverance, greetings and success!