Crashing Before Making The Pay?

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had some good tourney outcomes, but I also have had some not so good. If I start a Tourney early, I notice that I am calm, patient, cautious, and in general not just reading the players (whom come and go) but also the cards. When I am about one or two players away from the Pay, I might get pocket Aces and there is always someone going all-in and I end up eating dirt to two small pairs like 3's and 2's. I don't understand how someone with a 3-2 unsuited would jump out there like that, but there it is and it happens. Makes you wonder; Bots, Rigged or just Poker? Which ever, the energy waisted on negativity is more destructive than proceeding forward with your own Positive thinking and strategy. I played a tourney a day or two ago and I got to the edge of Pay. Yep, pocket 10's and yep, someone went all-in and yep the 10's would have eaten dirt (I had folded as an experiment) to trip 2's in someone else's hand(not the initiator). Made it to the pay and immediately my stack was knocked down to 7,000 and the blinds were 2,000. I had made up my mind that I was going to get the bottom of the pay, smiled and called the blind. Then after 5 players called, someone raised; so, I went all-in with Q-6 suited in Hearts. Go figure; three 6's flopped out there. That took my stack to a good notch and I ended up winning the Tourney. First place! Don't give up! Your cards are just as good as the others. Remember, the Flop is a good determining factor. Keep your calm, stay positive and go get them! GOD bless you all!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Meditation always helps me to stay calm and patient. So I just play and enjoy the process.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice also on pokerstar this, I play good and when îs almost get în The money does not matter what I have if I go all în, and at some point You have too, I lose

I tried to see first the flop, but when the blinds are big, some players just go all în with anaything and if I have moster cards I ca-n t fold, and I lose.

I don t understand also what îs going on because I play good and I don t tild but no results.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Safe Experiment Application

I notice also on pokerstar this, I play good and when îs almost get în The money does not matter what I have if I go all în, and at some point You have too, I lose

I tried to see first the flop, but when the blinds are big, some players just go all în with anaything and if I have moster cards I ca-n t fold, and I lose.

I don t understand also what îs going on because I play good and I don t tild but no results.
Cezar, try and experiment at this point of your tourney. Remember, a Monster Hand without the support or backing of The FLOP is a Wimpy Hand! Experiment and FOLD that Monster Hand. Get to the pay, then continue with a simple cautious yet, aggressive approach. We all (players) switch strategies more than once and many times on a frequent basis. Find a strategy that seems to be working for that particular Tourney, and stick to it. GOD bless you. Now, go get them!

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fun, Fun, Fun!

Hello.
Meditation always helps me to stay calm and patient. So I just play and enjoy the process.
Lena, I like your simple response. It is very strong because we players lose, many times, the Enjoyment of the game and replace it with disappointment, frustration and self-doubt. Continue Enjoying the game and GOD bless you, Lena.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cezar, try and experiment at this point of your tourney. Remember, a Monster Hand without the support or backing of The FLOP is a Wimpy Hand! Experiment and FOLD that Monster Hand. Get to the pay, then continue with a simple cautious yet, aggressive approach. We all (players) switch strategies more than once and many times on a frequent basis. Find a strategy that seems to be working for that particular Tourney, and stick to it. GOD bless you. Now, go get them!

IT îs logic what You, yes maybe I do have a wrong belife that you can t fold a strong hand and maybe that îs why I lose s-o much, s-o yeah I Will try what You said.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try It!

IT îs logic what You, yes maybe I do have a wrong belife that you can t fold a strong hand and maybe that îs why I lose s-o much, s-o yeah I Will try what You said.
Cezar, you sound great! It will not hurt to try something you haven't tried; and, yes, it is very hard to fold! If, for some reason, no one goes all-in, then you may consider tagging along; keep in mind the tag-along bets (do these bets eat-up your stack?). Many times, seemingly harmless bets add up and can cause you to chase a river bet that can bring you down for the elimination in one or two more blinds. Me? I just fold and look and focus on the pay with the stack I have built to hold me to a decent hand that just might win. Again, controlling your bets. Ever feel that someone has trips after the flop? odds are they do; worse still a small hidden strait on which they "check","check", you drop your gaurd and smack! Your response, "I knew it!" But, you didn't listen to that inner voice yelling at you because you were chasing "Possibilities". Chase something too long and it will always Catch YOU! Feel your way also. Not a bad thing. GOD bless you. Now, go get them!

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cezar, you sound great! It will not hurt to try something you haven't tried; and, yes, it is very hard to fold! If, for some reason, no one goes all-in, then you may consider tagging along; keep in mind the tag-along bets (do these bets eat-up your stack?). Many times, seemingly harmless bets add up and can cause you to chase a river bet that can bring you down for the elimination in one or two more blinds. Me? I just fold and look and focus on the pay with the stack I have built to hold me to a decent hand that just might win. Again, controlling your bets. Ever feel that someone has trips after the flop? Odds are they do; worse still a small hidden strait on which they "check","check", you drop your gaurd and smack! Your response, "I knew it!" But, you didn't listen to that inner voice yelling at you because you were chasing "Possibilities". Chase something too long and it will always Catch YOU! Feel your way also. Not a bad thing. GOD bless you. Now, go get them!

Today I lisen to your advice, and I folded a lot of good hands before The money part, and I just played very good hands and I won 1 st place.

Thank You for your advice IT was good one

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello. Calmness and risk are very important in poker. When I take risks, I also win.
I will need to try to meditate before the game.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Win!

Today I lisen to your advice, and I folded a lot of good hands before The money part, and I just played very good hands and I won 1 st place.

Thank You for your advice IT was good one
Cezar, that is music to my ears! I entered some big tourneys and got ate-up like nothing. My strategies were not working and I was forcing my hands and losing. But, you have made my Day! I am so,so happy to hear you Win! GOD bless you. Keep up the good work.