Counterfeit

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good thing about getting two pair counterfeited is, its pretty easy to see, what happened, and then adjust accordingly. In this case it did not matter, because you were all-in before the counterfeit. But had there been chips left for river play, it would not have been a difficult fold, since you were now losing to any A or 8 and chopping with a J. Also when the chips are all-in, it makes no sense to worry about runouts. The guy had 8 outs on the turn, so he is going to win 8 out of 44 times, and if he win on a A, Q or 8 is just the same.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing to be surprised, this is poker!

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I know it happens winning at the turn doesn't mean winning at the river but but but. getting counterfeited. ugh:):):)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524VWFqV4

All the other hands you posted in this thread - I shed a tear in my beer for ya - poker is all it is. You were about 50% in all those hands - so it is what it is.

The hand quoted above though - this one is interesting. I think you have posted no less than 3 of these nearly identical hands.
2 pair on the flop - on a SOOPER wet board.

You are making the same mistake with a flopped 2 pair - over and over.

A friendly suggestion.
Try this CD - just maybe for a day - or even better - try it for a week.
When you hit a disguised 2 pair on the flop and the board is very wet - Check call - check call / or fold - check call / or fold.

I'm not saying this is the OPTIMAL GTO whatever someone wants to call it - best line to take, but this will allow you to make better informed decisions on the turn and river.

This line also adds a tool to your tool bag - when you see an opponent suddenly shut down on a scary card - either a straight or flush completing card - they are either trapping - or much more likely - hating that card. If you know your opponent - and they are able to fold (a thinking player) - you can use this and put in a bluff, possibly taking down the pot, even though your hand isn't what you are actually representing.

Just try it - report back the following week - see how your results pan out. It could be a turning point - or it could just result in less chips lost in these hands.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very common situation, this is certainly not a brutal bad beat, but going in with hands of questionable strength there is always a risk.