Constant all-ins in lower level MTT's

P

Pocmcfc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I played a couple of MTT's earlier today. I've never seen anything like it. I played both right after the other and had good equity in each hand I played however every hand I played, either I was put all in, someone else went all in or forced to fold. I was obviously very nitty in my play but it seemed like every hand had someone going all in. Stack size did nothing. Table changes didn't matter. The fact that we were solidly in the mid game in both MTT'S didn't matter to these people, people were going all in every hand no matter what.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? It scares me that getting through a minefield of fish is a lottery and to do this wouldn't be very cost effective when you have people with 5 times the starting stack and you have 4 times pushing you all in with 87 and winning against AK.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If that is the case just open hands that can call all-ins and they will be creaking. The rest you can try to limping if you don't want to raise-fold. Anyway, those types of players aren't seen as often as you level up and believe me you will miss them, take advantage of them haha

P

Pocmcfc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If that is the case just open hands that can call all-ins and they will be creaking. The rest you can try to limping if you don't want to raise-fold. Anyway, those types of players aren't seen as often as you level up and believe me you will miss them, take advantage of them haha
I was only calling with premium hands. I'm not complaining either, I don't mind losing to a worse hand as it tells me that I'm doing the right thing when shoving. It's just something I've never seen before and unsure how to go about it when the entire table is going in.