Considering CC freerolls!

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some time I am having an issue with these tournaments, so I would like to start a topic about it.First of all, I have to say, these freerolls (for FRC members) are completely different to other freerolls on popular poker sites. The main difference is that we don't see several thousands of people fighting for nickles, but 150-200 players max, where prizes are actually worth something, and are usually enough for micro/low MTT buy-ins.
Therefore, and I hope live players will agree, these tournaments resemble those we play live (as oppose to 5k people in a turbo tournament on PS for example), which is great for new players, beginners and even regs who can sharpen their skills further.

That being said, why are people still playing so bad and reckless? Instead of using these tournaments as a good basis for learning and even building up bankroll, people treat it like just another freeroll (you only live once style).

I would like to read some opinions on the matter, and ask a question, why do you play freerolls in general (not just CC ones). Also, what would be your reason and ultimate goal for playing them?

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I play freerolls to try and build a bankroll. I haven't played the CC ones but I don't actually mind playing other ones. In games like the league from poker school I have found it easy to consistently make the top 5 % purely because of how poor the other players are. I just play patiently and wait for good cards.

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play as I can. Participation in these freerolls is a joy.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wopuld advise playing them. 1- free $$ LUL. 2- if youwant poker to be an income source it's wise to grow and at some point 12K shove fest will end and you will ahve to battle 150-500 good players. That being said while small field MTTs will have better ITM they will (most likely) have smaller ROI, so you have to consicder that. But playing them is whise as you are basicaly playing ~ 1-2$ SNG for free and if you play the monthly it's a ~3$ one. SO agians I think it's good. Plus you dont want to spend 4 hours to WIN 2$ for the 1st, right?)

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any new member joining the club is at first motivated by the prizes frequency and the limited number of players for CardsChat Freerolls but once rolled in he will forget about money CardsChat Freerolls are really worth to play to improve skills and play better they are a real lab to work on our game and to prepare for money tourneys if you succed to build a bankroll from CC games we won't worry about you in money games.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also enjoy playing them! mainly for the better quality of play, but also ROI is very high compared to other freerolls.
Although I play as good as I can, probably others read me as 'poor', all I can do is apologise, I'm trying to improve.:eek:

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy them because MTTs can be so time consuming. While it's frustrating, it is also nice to know that if something comes up 3+ hours into a freeroll that I'm at least not "losing" a buyin, if that makes sense?

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also enjoy playing them! mainly for the better quality of play, but also ROI is very high compared to other freerolls.
Although I play as good as I can, probably others read me as 'poor', all I can do is apologise, I'm trying to improve.:eek:
You Never have to apologize for trying to improve.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What you are saying is pretty much what I expect from people: to use these freerolls to become better at the game of poker, as we all should.

However, recently I am seeing players who are just playing ridiculously bad, like beyond reason bad, completely disrespecting the game and other players. Just as an example of what I am talking about, consider watching every single time you play cc freerolls, someone who calls another's all in with 67o pre flop. That is a whole new level of playing bad, and has really nothing to do with poker.
For me it ruins the game and takes all the fun away, that's another reason I started this thread, to see if there is at least some logic behind such plays, otherwise, it seems pointless to even play them?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some time I am having an issue with these tournaments, so I would like to start a topic about it.First of all, I have to say, these freerolls (for FRC members) are completely different to other freerolls on popular poker sites. The main difference is that we don't see several thousands of people fighting for nickles, but 150-200 players max, where prizes are actually worth something, and are usually enough for micro/low MTT buy-ins.
Therefore, and I hope live players will agree, these tournaments resemble those we play live (as oppose to 5k people in a turbo tournament on PS for example), which is great for new players, beginners and even regs who can sharpen their skills further.

That being said, why are people still playing so bad and reckless? Instead of using these tournaments as a good basis for learning and even building up bankroll, people treat it like just another freeroll (you only live once style).

I would like to read some opinions on the matter, and ask a question, why do you play freerolls in general (not just CC ones). Also, what would be your reason and ultimate goal for playing them?

I play freerolls because even though prize pool is small the act of placing in the money without buying in feels pretty good.

I will remind you, freeroll players are very loose and are calling stations so you better have a hand post flop to rake in the chips.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to increase my bankroll and for better learning the game. I play other games for the money I win. Who plays and how? - We should not point the player to his way of playing, it is a personal matter of each player. And we have no right to indicate how he should behave at the table. I do not mean any rudeness in the chat. If someone does not like the actions of players in unlimited hold'em, then you can play a game with a fixed limit. And then there will be no questions about the "insane" rates of opponents.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
However, recently I am seeing players who are just playing ridiculously bad, like beyond reason bad, completely disrespecting the game and other players. Just as an example of what I am talking about, consider watching every single time you play cc freerolls, someone who calls another's all in with 67o pre flop. That is a whole new level of playing bad, and has really nothing to do with poker.
For me it ruins the game and takes all the fun away, that's another reason I started this thread, to see if there is at least some logic behind such plays, otherwise, it seems pointless to even play them?
I've seen this in real money tournaments and cash games as well. Often it's a bluffing line that got out of hand, or an emotional reaction to a loss, or tilt, or believing that the other guys is bluffing and trying to keep him honest. I had a guy do this the other day with 83o. There was no rational reason for him to enter or to stay in the hand that I could see, but he did, and it cost him a dollar and change.

Suited cards and to a lesser extent connectors tend to get played a lot more than they should. While they rarely win, when they do it becomes an easy hand to play in a freeroll because flushes and straights are very strong hands and outrageously high bets will often get called.

We're not all well oiled poker machines. We have our failings.

I

Igor An

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good opportunity to study and create a bankroll

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can not live on freerolls, but if you can generate additional profits with them, they are a very good option, they are also free

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with your statement , there are many bad players in CC freerolls as well. I have witnessed some really random clicks out there since I am a CC freeroll club member but I have to admit that many of those moves are mostly in the beginning. There are some really good players who participate and they are consistent ITM.

ps. Apparently I am not talking about a unsuccessful bluff but for some really bad cold calls with any two cards!!

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm here for several reasons, first of all as many for the freerolls we have daily, but then I realized that one more reason to keep me has been the constant improvement of my game and one of the main ones has been how much I have learned here. Another reason is to try to build a long-term bankroll and last but not least, the friends I've met here.

With respect to the game I think that the quality of the game is not the same as before in terms of players. Before the field was smaller and the concentration of high-level players was indisputable, now we have a larger field in which many players play with any card and I think has caused many level players change their style a bit although most of the older ones maintain their good game. The downside of this is the incoherence of many in terms of what they express in the forum of how to play x or y hand and how they actually play ... without offending anyone in particular clear. Good luck at the tables!

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with your statement , there are many bad players in CC freerolls as well. I have witnessed some really random clicks out there since I am a CC freeroll club member but I have to admit that many of those moves are mostly in the beginning.

I agree that further we get into the tournament, there are far more good players then bad ones, which is understandable. However it is the beginning that bothers me. It is in the beginning where difference in chips is made between players. Sometimes it is impossible to catch up...

When I play solid poker, as I would generally, I often get "punished" by some random click as you said. Then, when I try to get aggressive and looser, I get punished by better hands. How to find the middle?

Or should we just play solid and hope that random clicks will get past us? In this case, these freerolls are pointless, when we need to not get unlucky to win...

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every day the same ...lol ... Is exctly about we are talking.

Attachments

• really.JPG
    really.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 137
akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree that further we get into the tournament, there are far more good players then bad ones, which is understandable. However it is the beginning that bothers me. It is in the beginning where difference in chips is made between players. Sometimes it is impossible to catch up...

When I play solid poker, as I would generally, I often get "punished" by some random click as you said. Then, when I try to get aggressive and looser, I get punished by better hands. How to find the middle?

Or should we just play solid and hope that random clicks will get past us? In this case, these freerolls are pointless, when we need to not get unlucky to win...

Me personally I take notes and label every opponent , CC tournaments have an advantage , we play with the same opponents over and over again. Some of them have some patterns in how they bet etc you have to understand what they are doing or what story they are trying to tell you.

I don't do anything special just be extra careful at the first 2 -3 levels because they don't have a Fold button! You should't try to bluff someone who will call with bottom pair.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every day the same ...lol ... Is exctly about we are talking.

purple for very tight? Sanych is purple in my notes too :D

I don't do anything special just be extra careful at the first 2 -3 levels because they don't have a Fold button! You should't try to bluff someone who will call with bottom pair.
But too careful, and you end up with a short stack after a few levels, with which you can only wait for some really good cards to shove and hope for the best..

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
purple for very tight? Sanych is purple in my notes too :D

But too careful, and you end up with a short stack after a few levels, with which you can only wait for some really good cards to shove and hope for the best..
nOOOO, PURPLE IS ONLY FOR 'BET ME AT THE FINAL TABLE':frown:

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen this in real money tournaments and cash games as well. Often it's a bluffing line that got out of hand, or an emotional reaction to a loss, or tilt, or believing that the other guys is bluffing and trying to keep him honest. I had a guy do this the other day with 83o. There was no rational reason for him to enter or to stay in the hand that I could see, but he did, and it cost him a dollar and change.

Suited cards and to a lesser extent connectors tend to get played a lot more than they should. While they rarely win, when they do it becomes an easy hand to play in a freeroll because flushes and straights are very strong hands and outrageously high bets will often get called.

We're not all well oiled poker machines. We have our failings.
Thanks, the first time I see an explanation for the difference between the chances of winning and reality with suited connectors.

Also there is quite frequent advice given, even in cc forum, to play:
- anything suited
- anything connected
the first 3 levels in a freeroll

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only played in a couple of these tournaments because I'm not a full member yet . But I find them to be the best freerolls going . I consider myself a recreational player , I love the game but don't have the time to invest in it to be as good as I would like . So I play freerolls to win buy-in money to play against better players because I enjoy the completion .

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have become totally jaded like me and have said Im not depositing anything so that way the money I lose was house money anyways. This is how I handle variance, want me to play on your site, fill that bankroll and Ill take shots all day.

K

kingarthurrov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll is good thing.But it’s difficult competition because more many players And more time. You must have strong heart.

Freeroll Passwords