Cons/Pros Playing Against A Good Player!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hello CCers ,

What do you think are the cons and pros playing against a very strong opponent in a real money game?

:boxing:

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro: you can bluff a good player and you are likely to play better.

Con: Most times you are gonna get beat.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash game all cons. You won't learn much unless you watch streams that show peoples mind set. Don't ever play cash against strong players.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Biggest pit fall is paying dearly for mistakes you make. Weaker players might not even notice, were as a stronger player can get you off a hand or trap you.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Pros: you will play advanced poker and overall it will improve your poker thinking.

Cons: you will be punished for your mistakes, that thing that you have played a hand bad and still won it, most likely won't happen. Any weakness showed will be immediately attacked.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to review Super High Roller tournaments. I think you should look at them. They involve a lot of rich people, and very often their custom game outperform their opponents who play using math and common sense. Originality of the game lies in the fact that they play using only your intuition. A poker plays an important role and success, even against professionals.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if u play against better - u become better!!
same if u play the crappy - u dont get better!!

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pros: you will become a pro like they so much faster than you normally would.

Cons: you will almost always be punished, which will occur into losing so much money and feel bad so easily.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pro: Better opposition = better experience, bluffs more likely to succeed, you can apply possible ranges more accurately.

Con: You're more likely to get outplayed/lose.

Thought provoking thread!

}~~~~~~>[**TTSOA**]<~~~~~~{​

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From where I sit as a player, there are no pros whatsoever in playing against a "very strong opponent".

Players who are very strong themselves might enjoy the challenge of going against opponents of the same caliber, but for a weak player there is only downside.

Some might say you can learn from playing against superior players, but I don't think that's the case. When there is a significant skill difference, the weak player loses without even realizing what's really happening and doesn't learn much from it.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GTo works against good players..against bad players even if have the top 1% range u can loose coz he might be a calling station

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only play against weaker players and only pose questions to stronger players.

C

chattydb4567

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pros of playing a good player u can them to think and maybe fold a winner as a newbie would never fold in

Cons of a good player they gonna apply pressure in right spots and right price and with a newbie they gonna bet wrong and leave barn door open so you can steal all their cattle

I prefer to play wit players who understand the game but not playing above the rim cause I’m not there myself

Last edited by a moderator: