Confused as to what my skill level is?

Fozzy99

Fozzy99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys

I'm confused at to what level I play at.

I mainly play on partypoker but play in loads of other rooms but anyway I was playing a 25$ GTD freeroll yesterday at Poker Mira and crushed it I was 1-10th the whole of the tournament and ended up taking it down , how come when I play at party poker or other sites I get crushed I mean I didn't just crush the MTT I destroyed it I was 1.235.000 in chips 2nd had 300000k

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance.

Some days you will crush and some days you will be crushed.

I have days where I think I should be playing high stakes, then the next night I should just play freerolls.

The results are not what you should be looking at to determine what skill but how you are playing hands. With poker you can play 10/10 hands correctly and lose all 10. You can in the very next 10 play them all incorrectly and win. There is nothing you can do about it exept make correct decisions.

Post your hands for critique to see if you are playing solid poker or join in the critique of some other peoples hands to see if you are on point with good players analysis. Just make sure the player you are comparing your analysis to is actually a good player.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has a way to do this. Some days I feel like no one can touch me at the table and I need to be playing every second and I love this game. To I dont even know if I know how to play poker anymore or if I should ever play another hand. Its all about getting momentum, some games you ride it the whole game, some games you cant get you stack above start for hours. It also seems like when your seat is hot that you could play any hand. WIn a big pot and then get delt 84 then next hand and fold. and you watch in amazement that if you played that 84 you were varianced to crack AA and KK in one hand. Goto the next day and you cant even win a pot with AA or KK. You keep chopping pots you should of won like that AA vs KK hand and the board runs a straight and now you gotten your big hands and got nowhere with them.. Its all one big wave

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker mira is a sh%t site,,,you don`t have a chance in hell of getting a deposit there.I played there last year because of a free offer ($50) The games are super-soft and i ran like god all the time,so i thought my game was strong,,,until i played at Party and Stars,,,that`s when i joined Cardschat to help with my game.:p (and it has,,,i crush Party now and do well at Stars) :rock:

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You boast so much like you are Daniel Negryanu !!!)) What can I say about 1 tournament? Absolutely nothing. Play at least 500 from then and talk.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You boast so much like you are Daniel Negryanu !!!)) What can I say about 1 tournament? Absolutely nothing. Play at least 500 from then and talk.
A fan of Poker Mira? :eek: lol.

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fan and so on? I said my opinion

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on the freeroll win, those are never easy with the hundreds of players you usually have to outlast. I think that qualifies you to be a decent player at least. I agree that a hand analysis of some of your paid games may be a big help in plugging some of the holes in your game. Good luck.

Fozzy99

Fozzy99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations on the freeroll win, those are never easy with the hundreds of players you usually have to outlast. I think that qualifies you to be a decent player at least. I agree that a hand analysis of some of your paid games may be a big help in plugging some of the holes in your game. Good luck.
I will post a couple later on got a few tourneys on PP to play later on Tonight

Fozzy99

Fozzy99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not boasting if anything I'm asking for help, I'm just confused as to the level I'm playing at and that's why I mention the freeroll otherwise it would of be irrelevant I'm not boasting

Fozzy99

Fozzy99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker mira is a sh%t site,,,you don`t have a chance in hell of getting a deposit there.I played there last year because of a free offer ($50) The games are super-soft and i ran like god all the time,so i thought my game was strong,,,until i played at Party and Stars,,,that`s when i joined Cardschat to help with my game.:p (and it has,,,i crush Party now and do well at Stars) :rock:
Yeah I agree it wasn't too hard to take it down like the players aren't amazing [emoji23]

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls or not, go to sharkscope and look at your stats. The numbers don't lie. Give yourself a few hundred tournaments and see what your "ability" is (they actually give a ranking to players)

D

Digitalsurfer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I still learning
I really think i have good strathegy, hope i can make good results
Im a medium level
Best regards

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Already mentioned but really do yourself a favor, go to sharkscope and check your roi and ranking. Is it something that you want everyone to see or feel ashamed of? It was so enlighting for me to see my stats when I though I was good.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance.

Some days you will crush and some days you will be crushed.

This. Sometimes you cant lose and sometimes you cant win and this is playing in the same way. It happens.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guy, if you really want to win and if it's really good, you have to stay focused on what you think is most important to you. It may be that you have ADHD and can't focus on all tables

F

Frankie40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does Sharkscope rate players of all sites seperately or an overall rating? I am going to check it out, just curious.

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The funny thing with poker is that when you're winning you feel a rush; but that rush will get you to play bad, and therfore lose. Its funny if you're not the guy (ore girl) in the situation, but it stings when when you are.
Hads up its a lesson.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think freerolls are an indication of how good a player is, but that's a decent achievement. Congratulations.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found out real fast what level I was at when I mistakenly registered in a big 55 instead of big .55 on pokerstars.

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on the size of your bankroll, but also where you feel most comfortable at. When you play higher stakes the skill level generally increases.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to say what level anyone is playing at when you are playing freerolls. Only way to tell is to play live a lot.And at the end of some designated time span then you can judge your level of play.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really agree with u. because in online poker, there are people who are trolls in your game. playing live, you can notice the reaction of people visually. in the online u can only see the style of your opponent's game. Now for our friend, always practice in freerolls and watch the style of each one. whom knows you don't finish at the final table it's not?

It's hard to say what level anyone is playing at when you are playing freerolls. Only way to tell is to play live a lot.And at the end of some designated time span then you can judge your level of play.

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't really tell your still by playing freerolls because there are way too many donkeys. Also you might have just ran really well in the tournament. Until you can place more times than not in tournament. than I wouldn't consider yourself that good yet.