Close to the final table

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When u get closer to the final table , do you open your range in order to have more chips to win the tournament, or do you play tighter because of money jumps?

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is in the later stages that the skill begins to strongly affect. Weak players are always looking for a reason to fold, you need to give it to them))) I just steal the blinds from the weak))

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good question, I think it all comes down to this: how many chips do you have? Depending on the amount of chips you have, I have known how to adapt the game just before reaching the final table and I think the same applies to before reaching the bubble, if you have many chips you tend to be more aggressive to take advantage of your chips and especially play your position well, if you have few because you have to play tighter and wait for a good opportunity to increase your chips and get the first places. Regards.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there
agree
as the above fellow just said : it all depends on the amount of chips you have

rgds

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't change anything. Play good poker at every stage and you will win your share!

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't change anything. Play good poker at every stage and you will win your share!

Yeah you sure showed it last night from 3 big blinds to a win. It was a great feat that you did. I would agree with you play your game in every stage and watch your opponents to try and find a weakness that you can try to exploit.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah you sure showed it last night from 3 big blinds to a win. It was a great feat that you did. I would agree with you play your game in every stage and watch your opponents to try and find a weakness that you can try to exploit.

You played a great game yourself! Only difference was I was lucky and you were unlucky.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a lot of chips plus a lot of chips I play aggressively to get to the final table right away but if I have drank chips then I play more slowly and conserved to achieve a better payout:)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
My experience of playing as we approached the final tables usually showed that waiting for premium hands and playing them gave a better chance of reaching the final tables and hitting the big prizes.:)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on my condition. By this point, I am very tired. I play inadequately, if luck is with me, then I can reach a high place. But in most cases, I lose 70-90 % of the chips and then start to stall for time. If two pairs appear, I can go to ollin to improve my chances. But if I feel good, then I try to bluff a lot to steal chips, but only if there are too careful players around. I put a 3 increase and usually such opponents easily top up my bank.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go with the flow and do both. The object is to ultimately have all the chips so never let an opportunity to get mor chips go to waste but you also dont want to really gamble and give away chips just because you have them. So I pick my battles wisely.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the payout structure makes the difference. If each place higher pays a lot more, it is probably wise to me careful and not go all-in with any pretty good hand.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is in the later stages that the skill begins to strongly affect. Weak players are always looking for a reason to fold, you need to give it to them))) I just steal the blinds from the weak))
Filosofem, a fan of Burzum I assume.
Well, I like ur approach, whats ur BB/100 then?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good question, I think it all comes down to this: how many chips do you have? Depending on the amount of chips you have, I have known how to adapt the game just before reaching the final table and I think the same applies to before reaching the bubble, if you have many chips you tend to be more aggressive to take advantage of your chips and especially play your position well, if you have few because you have to play tighter and wait for a good opportunity to increase your chips and get the first places. Regards.
Then u will incite a lot of players to 3bet allin, or float u.

What is good poker, thats the billion dollar question dude!!!
freerolls arent a good metric of a player's quality. Throughout the tournament players adapt their game to the opponents I tend to assume, because if u are static, then u will be exploited.

My experience of playing as we approached the final tables usually showed that waiting for premium hands and playing them gave a better chance of reaching the final tables and hitting the big prizes.:)
Well, premiums are less than 6% of the hands, and if u are down on chips, u get more callers PF, but if u move in, u either expose urself to players that can call u with a wider range. thus u go into coin flips. if they dont call, then u end up increasing ur stack with 2.2BB each time, which is just not profitable on the long run.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you get close to the final table you are playing good poker! If you don’t get close your not! If you are the latter you need to study more and watch good players and talk to good players ! If you can’t win freerolls and don’t do the things to get better you should find another hobbie.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is in the later stages that the ability begins to affect strongly. The weak players are always looking for a reason to fold, you need to give them))) I just steal the blinds from the weak))

That is how it should be, however, we often find ourselves limping, especially when the pay leaps jump out at us.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually try to play tighter, but in my case I think it influences how comfortable I feel in the tournament, the reading I have of my opponents and also many times I just think: hey, you're doing well, you've come far, don't go to ruin, and so I try to play as safe as possible

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the final table, my hand range expands and I start playing more aggressively. I believe that such a strategy is effective because it brings me good results.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
BIG Game

T:jd4:he tournament remains difficult and the initial strategy continues should have some attack against that low stack

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tighter towards the final table, but if a normal hand comes in and I am in good position, then I play more aggressively to replenish my stack.

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got my first ticket playing a satellite

And I had a terrible time looking at how many chips other players had, the money jumps were unbelievable, and emotionally the idea of wasting the time and the money again is awful. I think for the first time I understand what poker is all about. I played really tight, I think you have to try to read before you get into the final table what your opponents are doing, otherwise you are not going to go very far, and when you are really sure make the decisions. But discipline has took a lot money out of my pocket before.

:)

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the stack allows me, I play aggressively.If there is no stack, i play tight.Everything is elementary))

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When u get closer to the final table , do you open your range in order to have more chips to win the tournament, or do you play tighter because of money jumps?

this cannot be decided in advance. It also depends on my chip count and opponents ...

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, it's right to do it, when you're already on the final table, but before the final table, you impossible play tight.. But the main thing is the number of chips and what you can count on, because impossible to be aggressive when you do not have the opportunity to put pressure on your opponents..

Therefore, it is very important to get through the middle of the tournament well in order to prepare well for the final table. But, I believe that the whole fight and the main battle is the final table and it makes no sense to increase your good stack to the best, because the final table will level everything, if the tournament is good and without crazy players :)

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I start to play more agressive. Cause more people are afraid.