Chop / Chip Chop / or play it out

rbackmann

rbackmann

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been involved in tournaments and it always floors me when you have 7-2-1 chip lead and people get upset because you don't want to 3 way chop. I will Even chop is stacks are close. I prefer chip chop, or better yet finish it up.

What are your thoughts?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the buy in. If it's a $60 buyin and theres not a huge oayjump between 3rd and 1st of I'm the CL by a lot I will just tell them give me first place money and we're good to go.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's really lopsided like that, I would offer to just end it right there at close to whatever 1 2 and 3 pay out with maybe a slight ding on the 1st payout to appease the 2nd and 3rd. Bird in the hand. If there's a chance to walk away with guaranteed $....take it. But an even 3 way chop that lopsided? no way. If it's closer in stacks, sure.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the chip lead is 7-2-1, there is no way im chopping evenly

if they don't want to chip chop, play on!! you have em dominated

you can easily bully and win the tournament outright

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ask Debi about chopping at some of the tourneys she plays in Vegas during wsop time, seriously nutty.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play it out as well. The whole point is to win the tournament. Also it is good to have the experience of going all the way. It will improve your skill. I suppose if you were way behind you may want to make a deal. But to me if I had a big lead why would I settle for less than first?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have accepted a deal twice so far. Its hard to pass up an even pot split when you are not one of the big stacks at the table. What surprised me both times was that is was the chip leader who mad the offer.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, no chip-chop/chop/deal/whatever ending a game before the real end.

When I started playing I agreed most of the time until a remarked collusion in a game. Since, I always refuse.

-TRP-

-TRP-

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Believe it or not I had a 4 to 1 lead over 2,3, and 4. I actually talked them into giving me 1st place money and them chopping 2, 3 and 4. This was a live tournament and im a very good talker. I also once talked 20 people into chopping evenly that was live 2 day event in Daytona Beach which later made them make a rule of no chopping until the final table.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, no chip-chop/chop/deal/whatever ending a game before the real end.

When I started playing I agreed most of the time until a remarked collusion in a game. Since, I always refuse.

In a live game we would single you out and work to eliminate you. Then we would chop. I always say I am will to listen to any offer and work with anyone. I am in this to make money and sometimes a chop is the smart way to go.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a live game we would single you out and work to eliminate you. Then we would chop. I always say I am will to listen to any offer and work with anyone. I am in this to make money and sometimes a chop is the smart way to go.

Try me! 7 have tried and I've beaten them at their own game!

I love games! That's why I play poker!!!

See you at the table! :D

-TRP-

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what more money, that's the best

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're outmatched it's probably a good idea to take a deal. If you're outmatched and one of the shorter stacks and your opponents don't want to make a deal then jam. Push decent aces and broadways and hope you get lucky and win the blinds and a some coin flips.