chips building

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your big problem is that you stay static! Thus the blinds increase and your stack is frozen! Sometimes you make some bluffing, not only play hands like aa ak important, because if you play only the best hands and you're not having any luck this will make you remove the blinds! You can also play some monster waiting pairs on the flop! The idea is to try to move or do something from time to time until you connect a pair strong but you stay waiting for an AA would never come!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
chips building(s)

Attachments

• devo1.gif
    devo1.gif
    107.2 KB · Views: 17
  • devo2.gif
    devo2.gif
    100.9 KB · Views: 17
  • devo3.gif
    devo3.gif
    169.8 KB · Views: 17
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some pretty decent 'chip buildings' eh.

This was wsop MainEvent - Bryan Devonshire making a run at final table.

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some pretty decent 'chip buildings' eh.

This was WSOP MainEvent - Bryan Devonshire making a run at final table.

I would of been the guy to get penalized for reaching over and knocking it over :D

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i got a serious problem building chips in poker tourneys , i wll reach middle stage every time with lack of chips i.e blinds will be 1000/500 my stack will be 3000-6000.

i will wait for monster cards like AK,Asuited etc .
but i am not able to double it up .

I also think that you wait too long on good cards. IMO you should try some turbo tournament. There you have not enough time to wait on good hands. In turbo tournament I saw that people play very loose range. For example cards AQ/AJ/AT vs Kx it is about only 60% vs 40%. So not bad (not only Axs but also Kx is good). IMO you should find a coinflip situation when you have about 5-15BB. Take care, GL.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In MTTs, you simply do not have time to wait for premium hands. During the middle stages of the tourney, you need to open up your range in late position .

Play more speculative hands like suited connectors, etc. You will not win waiting for A-Q+.

You need to steal some. You need to win some flips and 60/40's. You will need to be aggressive.

And the poker gods need to shine down on you a bit.

Playing too tight means you might be dead money.

Just my very humble opinion, as always (I didn't read thread thoroughly either, so I may be repeating what others already said).

Poker Chips - History of Chips