Chipleader FT or Bust and Bubble

H

HypeHillbilly

Enthusiast
Total posts
I know my stats on sharkscope have been trash lately. Ive been wining a lot but also playing way to many games, I been playing poker since i was 5 and I am 36 now, My biggest problem lately is these damn ACR tourneys that just take forever to play like 6-10hrs seems like it, Every game I am chip leader all the time. But i Have the worst plays happen Can go from CL to bust and Bubble in 2 hands Getting AA AK KK QQ, its like i should just fold those hands. I will always suck out, I tell myself every time to fold but when i get them i never do, Should I sit out more to make it to FT I know if i just fix a couple of my tweeks. I could FT almost every game, nothing worse than playing for 1-10$ buyin playing for 8 hrs. then only making double your money, ACR has some Great players and I am not so good at these long tourneys. Seems like Little Stack always beats Big when Shoved on u could have AA vs 27 and flopp would be 772 7 2 for the win, Its unreal.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Total posts
I know my stats on Sharkscope have been trash lately. Ive been wining a lot but also playing way to many games, I been playing poker since i was 5 and I am 36 now, My biggest problem lately is these damn ACR tourneys that just take forever to play like 6-10hrs seems like it, Every game I am chip leader all the time. But i Have the worst plays happen Can go from CL to bust and Bubble in 2 hands Getting AA AK KK QQ, its like i should just fold those hands. I will always suck out, I tell myself every time to fold but when i get them i never do, Should I sit out more to make it to FT I know if i just fix a couple of my tweeks. I could FT almost every game, nothing worse than playing for 1-10$ buyin playing for 8 hrs. then only making double your money, ACR has some Great players and I am not so good at these long tourneys. Seems like Little Stack always beats Big when Shoved on u could have AA vs 27 and flopp would be 772 7 2 for the win, Its unreal.
Unfortunately, these happen, but in the long run it can't be general ... Keep doing it and you will definitely start winning this situations!

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I’ve had better players tell me it’s better to play hard and bubble than just always limping in to min cash.
One big win is where the real money is, always play for first!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I know my stats on Sharkscope have been trash lately. Ive been wining a lot but also playing way to many games, I been playing poker since i was 5 and I am 36 now, My biggest problem lately is these damn ACR tourneys that just take forever to play like 6-10hrs seems like it, Every game I am chip leader all the time. But i Have the worst plays happen Can go from CL to bust and Bubble in 2 hands Getting AA AK KK QQ, its like i should just fold those hands. I will always suck out, I tell myself every time to fold but when i get them i never do, Should I sit out more to make it to FT I know if i just fix a couple of my tweeks. I could FT almost every game, nothing worse than playing for 1-10$ buyin playing for 8 hrs. then only making double your money, ACR has some Great players and I am not so good at these long tourneys. Seems like Little Stack always beats Big when Shoved on u could have AA vs 27 and flopp would be 772 7 2 for the win, Its unreal.

Just play smaller fields and experiment with faster structures/late registration.

Nobody wants to play poker for 8 hrs for $1 lol. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
My biggest problem lately is these damn ACR tourneys that just take forever to play like 6-10hrs seems like it

Then find some other games, that last for a more reasonable amount of time. There are other poker sites than ACR, and ACR also offer SnGs and presumably some turbos?

Every game I am chip leader all the time.

Cool story bro.

But i Have the worst plays happen Can go from CL to bust and Bubble in 2 hands Getting AA AK KK QQ, its like i should just fold those hands. I will always suck out, I tell myself every time to fold but when i get them i never do

So basically another bad beat rant. "I always run bad, I always get sucked out on, bla, bla, bla." The same story over and over again. Its funny, how many "the most unlucky player in the world" exists in poker forums ;)

Should I sit out more to make it to FT

Of course not. Making it to the final table is not even important, since the difference in payout between 9 and 10 (assuming 9-handed tables) is always insignificant compared to the payjumps in the top. The real goal is to make it into top 3 not the final table.

I know if i just fix a couple of my tweeks. I could FT almost every game

Nobody can reach the final table more than say 30-40% above the tournament average. So if for instance the field is 900 players, if you are really good, you can reach the final table 1 in 70-80 times as opposed to the average of 1 in 100.

Seems like Little Stack always beats Big when Shoved on u could have AA vs 27 and flopp would be 772 7 2 for the win, Its unreal.

Its funny, you say that, because a lot of people complain about the exact opposite ;)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Do not despair and risk a large part of your stack in one hand. If you win a lot of hands, long increases the stack, then you do not need to invest everything in one premium pair, which opponents can move. Long tournaments are a lot of pressure, because the situation often changes. Perhaps you should try a different tournament format and see your new results.