Chip Leader

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I'm fine in a tournament and get to be the Chip Leader, something in my brain disconnects.I think I have to be prepared to hold the position.
It is a very good time in the tournament, but think for a other hand takes some your focus and concentration of the tournament.
I start to go hands that normally would not and when I'm lucky and double my stack, so then yes I even lose focus.
I plan to stay closer to this part, I more than ever praise those who have a stable psychological part and not lose focus and not get annoyed with good hands lost.

Also take care of the psychological part, it is an important part to be a good poker player.

Good game and of course, luck always ba!

^A^njo

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being chip leader is great and all but a lot of the time it falls way short of final table average and you may still have more work to do than you realize getting a chip lead is easy holding it though that is another thing good luck

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you, pal. I haven't played a tournament when I'm up to 250+ big blinds where I don't punt my stack in some stupid fashion. I just get winners tilt, and think I can own all the fish, and start understimating players and over playing my hands. Only do well in tournaments where I have to sweat it, winning flips, always having an average stack. It's a mental leak that we'll have to overcome. hopefully, someone can give good advice.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see so many chip leaders who think they have to raise every hand to keep pressure on smaller stacks. This is good play when nearing the bubble, and at the final table. But being the chip leader any other time in the game is far from winning. When I get an early or middle of the game chip lead, I continue to play as I always do. Now don't get me wrong, I will use my chip stack to take pots when I'm in the right position, but I'm not risking a lot of chips when I have bad odds.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't change my game. I can't think of 1 tournament that I've been the chip leader, for a significant time, all the way to 1st place. Your going to go up and down, your going to take beats. I try to keep my stack between 20-30 bb. If you never go below that you will win the tournament.

D

dpoole71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play a little looser when im chip leader open more hands but i try to play small ball cbet alot i try to play in position so i wont go crazy and raise j8 UTG but from MP CO ill gladly open and hope it folds to the BB

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not easy to be chip leader and the most difficult is to maintain at the top 10 players and FT in the end.