Chasing the rabbit?

F

fade2rain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This board is a two parter...

1. I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on chasing the rabbit. I for one can't help it.

2. Who all thinks that they should have a rabbit cam on fulltilt.

I know chasing the rabbit is pointless and does more harm than good, but it's like a drug...

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

Bill

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
by chasing the rabbit, you mean to call a bet to see what the next card is, right?

Don't.

Not unless you've got a decent draw and odds to call the bet. Or you've got a monster lock on that; though raising her would be better.

Its not really worth it to chase. Sure there is always the 'what-if' factor, but you'll easily find that you'll probably lose more often than you win by chasing and calling down. Especially if the price isnt right.

You have to learn how to let hands go. Im not saying you shouldnt chase; there are some instances where it might be ok, but not everytime. If you have to fold because you're beat, its too much to continue, the only way you can win is if you draw out but you're risking too much money on it, then fold and live to fight another day. You're better off making someone else pay to chase a hand, than you are calling a bet and chasing.

And no, i dont think any site should have a rabbit cam. Why? because players who let curiousity get the best of them and chase cards will simply have to fold to a bet and see if they would've won or not. And I wouldnt be getting paid off for their bad plays.

F

fade2rain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm...my apologies...I must have phrased that wrong. By "chasing the rabbit" I was merely referring to playing out the river card even if everyone folds, simply for curiosity's sake. I know it's not important but I can't help it...for some reason I need to see what might have been...

Once again I apologize for the confusion.

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wasnt sure what you meant by chasing the rabbit ive never heard that before, how could you see the river if everyone folds?. i have that same reason too, ive even payed to see cards knowing ive lost cause i needed to know, i am just a curious (very) girl :)

F

fade2rain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well to be honest, I'm not sure that chasing the rabbit is the right term, but it sounds familiar for some reason, and I know that some TV poker games have the rabbit cam that the dealer slides the river card over for the audience to see. I'm referring to home games when I talk about seeing the card even after everyone folds though.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its called just "chasing", its a bad practice. dont do it.

G

Gavinski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard it called "rabbiting" before. It's against the rules at most live games, and if there is a dealer they are required not to show the cards after everyone else has folded.

Although, at alot of home games, and less serious games, people do it alot, and people don't really mind. Especially when people fold that flush/straight draw on the turn, they just have to see if it would have hit, lol.

JacksRwild63

JacksRwild63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah,rabbit hunting is what ive heard it called. I dont do it, seems a bit pointless online. the only time it has its place,in my opinon,is on TV games.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolute poker has a rabbit cam on the ring games.

B

broncos53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think a rabbit cams a good idea but you shouldnt pay just to see what the next card is

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer when people chase, but don't catch, the Frawg.:)

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rabbit cam would be pointless online. Paying to see the last card is usually very -EV. Here's a motto I came up with early on:

CURIOSITY KILLED MY STACK

I've been guilty a few times lately. Thanks for reminding me :eek:

Goldog

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He's referring to a feature like they have on Poker.com, that when everyone folds to your bet, you can click "Rabbit" to show what the final outcome would have been.

So let's say everyone folded to your flop bet. You could then "Rabbit" to show the turn and river cards to see what "would have" happened if they had stayed in the hand. To me it's just a fun little feature that serves no real purpose. It has kitch value, but when you do it, it shows your cards as well, thus giving your opponents unnecessary information. So, I don't really recommend doing it.

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unibet offers Rabbit Cam. And yes, its addictive and sometimes frustrating! But i would still recommend it. If for nothing else then pure entertainment value.

M

MississippiMud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure everyone is curious but playing the "what if" game is pointless and counter productive. It takes your focus away from where it should be. As far as I am concerned if you do it, its a hole in your game.

B

bobthesheep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can understand why the real thing won't do it but I have no problem at home games. When it's just a group of friends having fun there is no harm in seeing "what could have been."

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the rabbit is useless unless its for stewing :)