Changing the pattern of play

L

lucianojerez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play a tournament with the intention to win (finish in first place) you must know the pattern of behavior of your opponents, for that you must collect all useful information associated with them. You can get information by finding out what their behaviors were in other tournaments and during the execution of the game.
*Considering that in every hand you participate must try to maximize profits, there will come a point where you must break your pattern of play to confuse your opponents who have also studied.
Let's look at a specific case: you're in a tournament in the middle stage, in the small blind, with lights 500/1000, you have 30,000 chips, all players before you retired, you're holding one nine one four for the case not interested in the suit of the cards; the big blind player has an ace and a ten, has 60,000 chips. Your complete the big blind (1000 chips), your only opponent raises to 4000. Surge in you the question I retire or payment? logically according to your pattern of play you should fold, something that presupposes your rival, but as we said it is time to change the pattern if we want to get the victory comes. We suppose you pay. In flop two nines and two appear. You have to play and again the question arises bet or not. If no bets and then pay your opponent's bet may be removed before the next assault that previously did this play, the same would happen if you raise your opponent's bet. If this happens, do not bet on this street, your opponent will think of a number of chips to bet for assessing your hand, if you pay then retire, say 2000 chips. This is what you should estimate very precisely, how to evaluate your hand bet ?, let you know this amount according to pattern your opponent's game, with all this information how do I play the hand? Should bet 3000 chips which is a little more than the maximum of cards you would use your opponent, then you can think about your opponent, according to the analysis made, possibly're bluffing did that before the game, then you can pay and your and you gain more than you could get with your pattern of play, imagine what could happen if an ace on the turn.

Olegan163s

Olegan163s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult as it is, play tight aggressive. do 3 bet with garbage and calls with strong, but rarely.

Y

yepes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i play my hands grouping the least to favorite and try to play any hand like i have aces