CC Freeroll 29/01/2019 Was it a good call or should I fold?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 125/250 (25 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: 2,676 (11 bb)
UTG+1: 2,874 (11 bb)
MP: 12,519 (50 bb)
MP+1 (Hero): 6,515 (26 bb)
LP: 7,830 (31 bb)
CO: 1,790 (7 bb)
BU: 4,771 (19 bb)
SB: 4,664 (19 bb)
BB: 2,017 (8 bb)

Pre-Flop: (600) Hero is MP+1 with Q Q
3 players fold, Hero raises to 750, LP 3-bets to 7,805 (all-in), 4 players fold, Hero calls 5,740 (all-in)

Flop: (13,580) 8 9 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (13,580) T (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (13,580) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 13,580

Showdown:
LP shows K A (two pair, Kings and Eights)

MP+1 (Hero) shows Q Q (two pair, Queens and Eights)

LP wins 13,580

There were only 5 players left to go to be ITM

Was it a bad call?

P.S. I apologize to the players at the table because I used all the time since the opponent move disconcerted me.

I appreciate your opinions.

Greetings

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Deal or No Deal

Hello. First, I can tell you that I have been there too many times. I get a top quad hand, especially paired. I am near the money. I want to jump my bank and have the cards to do it. It is the perfect time (but not in regards to position) to do that, for a lot of folks will fold to make the money. I need to fold, bad position, queens are kind of questionable for AlI-Ins and I have a wildman jacal in late position who is in the mood. Besides that, any ace or king pair will beat me. I have done a study in excel. The majority of the hands that go to the river only have one face card. This is your case as well. So if an ace or a king shows up, I am beat unless a second queen card shows.Does my wants exceed my needs? Unfortunately, it has been. No more wants before needs.:motz:

I have come to the conclusion as well, that that somehow the software on each site has a sense of humor, often against me when I need or want to win a pot that looks like I have a great chance to make it! Although my study shows that card hole pairs are remarkably evenly distributed in total as well as the number of times a card shows as the first through fifth card. In 7200 hands, the variance is remarkably low in both cases, the software will "tease" a person into dumping their whole bank at the end. Be aware of going against a larger hand when getting near the money. Especially if you are out of position. It is a bad omen for me to go all in close to being paid. Grit your teeth if you know you have made the money, but have to wait for eliminations.

You made the right bet to begin with. When LP went all in, a short pause and think, before taking the shot may have saved you.

Here is how the software got you (a real teaser, if not all-in):
Turn:
Forum question turn

Here's what the software would have done to you so the LP (has larger pot wins). I have seen this many times close to the money.
Forum question rvr

Of 7200 hands, My top 4018 top whole wins are totaled below. As you see, top of the list is the AK hole card set. I personally decided to make the money and then play for the win. Great question! Good luck with your games. #$^@** happens!!!
:stupido: :hmmmm: :shakehand

FORUM QUESTION HOLE CARDS WIN HISTORY

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - 125/250 (25 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: 2,676 (11 bb)
UTG+1: 2,874 (11 bb)
MP: 12,519 (50 bb)
MP+1 (Hero): 6,515 (26 bb)
LP: 7,830 (31 bb)
CO: 1,790 (7 bb)
BU: 4,771 (19 bb)
SB: 4,664 (19 bb)
BB: 2,017 (8 bb)

Pre-Flop: (600) Hero is MP+1 with Q Q
3 players fold, Hero raises to 750, LP 3-bets to 7,805 (all-in), 4 players fold, Hero calls 5,740 (all-in)

Flop: (13,580) 8 9 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (13,580) T (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (13,580) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 13,580

Showdown:
LP shows K A (two pair, Kings and Eights)

MP+1 (Hero) shows Q Q (two pair, Queens and Eights)

LP wins 13,580

There were only 5 players left to go to be ITM

Was it a bad call?

P.S. I apologize to the players at the table because I used all the time since the opponent move disconcerted me.

I appreciate your opinions.

Greetings

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I think that you played strategically correctly, you both had a strong hand. Luck in poker is also present and the coin was on his side. Dont be upset. Good luck to you at the tables dear friend.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello my dear friend. The distribution on your part was played wonderful. I am glad that professionals have gathered here, fight further and you will definitely get into the prizes.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From a GTO point of view, the All-In was correct. The river suck out is typical. With 5 players to go before ITM, did you consider possibly folding? Online we have all seen that, been there. It is sweet when your the winner, But sucks like hell when your the one beat with the better PF hand.
One thing I often wonder is, does the software toss a random digital coin to see who wins in a HU situation?

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm always calling in a freeroll and as long as I'm playing proper stakes with proper bankroll management. I think his range is wide enough that you will be ahead far more often than not. Only time I'd consider folding to try and make the bubble is in a higher stakes game, but folding is generally the wrong poker play in my opinion.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a good call. You have a made hand and they had to get lucky on the river.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Easiest snap call ever! Anyone suggesting otherwise is not playing winning poker.

Player reads (or even just the member's name) would typically be helpful when describing a CC freeroll hand (it can make a BIG difference in how we'd play vs. them). But in this hand here, how often would villain be doing this with the top of their range? ie. AA, KK, QQ... Close to NEVER imo. It reeks of AK, AQs (leaning towards AK here obviously).

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have called as well. Pocket Qs are great heads up hand. Also, I'd much rather try to build my stack than try to squeeze into the money on a freeroll. Go for a better prize instead of getting the lowest cash prize!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing to just sneak ITM in a free roll is silly, good call.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll yesterday at the club, I lost in the exact same situation. I even think that the flop was the same. Opponent was 14%, and I lost K.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that's just a tough lost. And I am with you about the software having a horrible sense of humor I have been there as well many of times. Don't worry though, it works in good player favors as well, just hang in there you will get your revenge of wins. Have fun out there and good luck.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never folding it here. Even if you do you are not guarantied to make the money at this point although its pretty good chance you are. While making the money is important a in cash is all it will be for. You win this hand and you have a greater chance of making a deep run and going to the final table where the real money is.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yah but he lost! So this time it would've been a good fold!

Well, I was gonna splain patterns to him, obv 4c fell on the turn 3 hands prior to this one & if he had been paying attention he could have snap folded this setup, but I start getting a head & arse ache as soon as the word patterns crosses my mind so ------------------ :confused::)

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, I was gonna splain patterns to him, obv 4c fell on the turn 3 hands prior to this one & if he had been paying attention he could have snap folded this setup, but I start getting a head & arse ache as soon as the word patterns crosses my mind so ------------------ :confused::)

YRy4poV.gif

Folding in Poker