Cbet and stack sizes.

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When up against an opponent with a much larger stack is it wise to be more conservative about utilizing cbets?

What about when a cbet would make you pot committed?

J

jrx1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deepstacks, they pay with a bigger range, so you need to figure out your stack, since you probably have to bet on the turn.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When my cbet will commit me I generally just go ahead and go all-in. Unless I'm bluffing or inducing then I will bet small to get away from the hand or trap.

Usually you need to figure up your stack size post flop when you raise pre. If you are going to be in tough spot on the flop then you should just be going all-in pre.

20-25bb shoves are normal in today's mtts.

Just have a plan when you act. Don't be a button clicker.

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When my cbet will commit me I generally just go ahead and go all-in. Unless I'm bluffing or inducing then I will bet small to get away from the hand or trap.

Usually you need to figure up your stack size post flop when you raise pre. If you are going to be in tough spot on the flop then you should just be going all-in pre.

20-25bb shoves are normal in today's mtts.

Just have a plan when you act. Don't be a button clicker.

Good advice. I think I get in these weird situations when I raise with 15-20 BB stacks and miss the flop.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Generally I bet no matter who I am against to. If I have to cbet I just do it. In any case try not to be pot committed because it is a really a bad play to fold in such cases. Another advice is to control the pot size but you have to understand your opponent's range. Try the check call play instead of keep barreling with draws or just a pair.

One other option is to barrel with smaller cbets so if you get raised you would have the choice of folding! Don't forget that the bigger stack would probably bully you and to be honest this is the right play by him! Hope I helped a little bit.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you C-bet and you are pot committed you should not be C-betting, you should just be shoving. So more like a stop and go

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When up against an opponent with a much larger stack is it wise to be more conservative about utilizing cbets? - Really depends on your table image, stack size and stage of tournament.When facing a larger stack, don't c-bet unless you hit any piece of the flop, your hand has a chance to improve or you feel you may get villain to fold.

What about when a cbet would make you pot committed? -
read this https://www.cardschat.com/continuation-betting-poker.php