The cards say it all

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you could have a redo to the situation, would you do something differently?

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ouch! AA bites me so often I'm never super sure how to play it. Maybe going all in first the other guy would have folded? Not sure what to say other than how bad that sucks!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did right, but not quite..

The AA all-in shove is a great move, when you are in a MTT vs an under_chipped playesr, or at a cash table where your stack and position, dominate; all other players automatically drop out, you see that a lot.
In your scenario, I did the same, pocket AA, shove, except three players shoved back. One guy turned his pair into a straight. lucky, but a winner.
One alternative to shoving with AA is to check-back, then the others players will show some of their strength by how much they bet.

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for the way you played, I think it was correct (if you open raise from the SB for value and as a bluff).

And for the bad beat, it wasn't the worst I've seen.
Last week in an all-in preflop, AKs vs AKo.
AKo hit the flush. hahahaha
I lost AKs vs AKs because the opponent hit the flush, but the AKo was really unexpected.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Not going with my first instinct gets me in a lot of trouble. Then you see the flop and really get pissed, happens a lot unfortunately.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mercy bro, there's no fold in this case. Maybe you should go all in before him. But not fold