Card Rush - yes please - But when is best in Tourny

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has them from time to time. But when do you want ( ie at what stage ) AA,KK or KK?

First few Rounds of Blinds? : This could allow you to double up a few times and dominate with a bigger stack?....But you may not get any to bite if you raise and are vulnerable if you do not

After about 5 Blind rounds?: The blinds are worth a good % of your stack now. People need to make raises to see blinds. a greater Change to Double up a few times and be in thd thick of it later in the Tny

The final two tables?: you managed to get here without excellent cards, so your doing OK, but you maybe a relative SS. Is this when you want the big cards the most to get into the top 2-3 players?

Whats your view? When do you want that rush?

Also will this change if you are playing with Higher Buy-in tnys or micro tnys? What about if the Tnys are Deep Stacked - does this change anything ?

For me I want a rush 5-6 blind rounds in. you?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final tables, by a mile. I went deep in a large MTT at the weekend, had 10 10 twice, AA, AK and A 10 within 6 hands of each other, but it was the first blind round and a total waste. If it had been at the end, i'd have won it, you just need one big hand when it's shove shove shove time.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm, the answer here is quite clearly final table.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final Table for sure - but wanting them and getting them is whole different matter :)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assuming I can survive till then, I would want them just before the 2nd break. In the past when this happens, I have always made it past the bubble.

If it is the only rush the poker gods have deemed for me then I want it so late I never get to it.

The thing about the early rush, is that if you are smart enough to go tight without serious damage to the accumulated chipstack, you might get another rush when it is needed most.

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So....how are you going to get to the final table if you do not get some big cards along the way?

This makes you primarily reliant on flopped sets, and flush/straight draws. IMO you haveto double up in a few places to make the final table. ?? do you not agree?

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Middle stages of tourney is where I would prefer my rush of cards.

wickedlovely

wickedlovely

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Under most circumstances a card rush in time for the final table would be my preference.

(Of course getting a card rush just after losing 70% of my chipstack to a bad beat would be nice too.)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time to get a card rush is after you get busted out of the tournament and decide to go tilt off your BR at a ring game that you are wayyyy underrolled for.

D

dlweaver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would like them after a bad beat in the middle/late stages of a tourney where the blinds are big enough that people are forced to call or you take their blinds and antes along with it.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time to get a card rush is after you get busted out of the tournament and decide to go tilt off your BR at a ring game that you are wayyyy underrolled for.

That, or when you tilt it on blackjack. But in a tournament, final table 100% of the time. Imagine getting AA twice in a row when HU or three-handed, this would probably be the two hands that seal the deal (or have you go bust to bad beat).