Card dead for real

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive played a lot of poker over the last twenty years and I realized how fortunate I always have been. Today was the day card dead come to reality. I was finishing up my last tourney thinking today was dismal. So bad I pulled up the cards just for today. Out of twelve tourneys i ran deep in all but one. Just so happen that one tourney I was knocked out with the only pocket pair of the day. Pocket jacks that flop the set. All in was met with a.k to finish a strait on a runner runner. So not only card dead but unlucky I expect?

So one pair to go with my Ace,king twice all day. hand full of suited cards and wallah card dead. Never have I experienced such a run. So I must of been blessed. Lets hope I don't have any more days like this for a while.:icon_joke

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Twenty years of playing and this was your first day of being very card-dead? That's an epic streak!

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twenty years of playing and this was your first day of being very card-dead? That's an epic streak!

I learned long ago you got to open up if your not getting those cards. Just cant remember a time i didn't get connectors or suitable cards eventually. Usually card dead is a state of mind. Sure your not getting those premium hands but playable is the question. That day it was like my rng was stuck on 8,2 .Hard hand to play for sure. only a hand full of suited cards. Pocket pairs are nice even if there low. :top:

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'd put a black marker on the calendar.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be lucky. It may happen more often than once in a while.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this what they call a brag post?

"the chances of me having a bad card day are 7300:1"

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Agree - I've only been playing since February and I've already have a solid couple months of this - except his card dead seems like a average profitable day to me. Sometimes we are required to make plays without the cards. ;)

I figure my fate/variance/run-good will be coming up in the future - so WATCH OUT! :cool:

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't always have playable hands but to win tourneys you sometimes have to play any two cards.:):):)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The good part of this bad day is you are not due for another run like that for years. We all go through days like that but I admit, that was pretty card dead.