calling station

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has anyone ever noticed while playing holdem? lets say i am in sixth position ,the cards are dealt, the first 4or5 all check. I go all in and three or four that checks calls all in. The blinds are big and worth trying to buy the pot. If they dont have good enough hand to play, yet they call an all in bet. dont make sense but i guess my all in doesn't either . :confused:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
And what is the problem? If your hand is strong enough you have a good chance. In my opinion, in general, the main thing is that you are patient and make good decisions. At a distance, this approach will bring you profit.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes in that game situation it is better to make a strong bet and not call with all the chips and evaluate the next one. Callé and if the card that falls still favors you, you can go with all the chips in, there are players who make cold calls to the flop looking to complete a hand on the turn and on the river, but if your hand is strong you should not worry and it happens that what happens you will face players who make the call and sometimes they are not the cards but the type of player to whom you are facing.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I do same thing, but I always have strong starting hand. If someone calls I have good chance to win that hand. I think it’s a good spot for double or triple my stack. Sometimes I go bust, but it’s risk I willingly accept.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
4 or 5 people are already in the hand so you should have a strong hand that is worth going allin. And to be honest, I don't know if there is a hand preflop that is really worth it. Unless of course you don't care if you win or lose, but that's another matter entirely. if the plan was to bluff her out then i think a good raise would be better than leaving allin. If you go all in with nothing and lose your hand, there is no turning back. as long as you still have chips you can make up for the loss and bring back what you have lost