Call or fold?

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation, the fold would be a weak action. be sure to call. because we ourselves would be happy. make Olin to get all the chips

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I couldn’t call fast enough. Win this hand and you have a very strong chance at the win.

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I'll call. If you dump AA, you're harder to reach the first place, there is a chance that you lose, but the move will be correct

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA final table

With the AA I bet everything, it is always better to be the aggressor and it is the best hand the chance to lose this hand is very small and if someone pays you will get a lot of chips, what do you think is good to bet everything yes or no?

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call for sure

There is no way i will fold AA with a shove from SB even though he is chip leader. Situation here is as you are at the bottom he range you, and think about your move like you are trying to steal the blinds. First you didn't 3-bet cause no once raise before you just raise. And as you are at BTN your range could be AT, 99, TT, so on. This guy may be on JJ, QQ, AQ, AK and if he has KK AA he would have re-raise trying to take the most EV of his hand. Men you have the best hand preflop, just one player, the chip leader and you are about to take all his chips. Call will be always the best, you will win 4 of 5 times. If luck it is not in you side thats ok. you don't want to win a third or fourth place. you want to be 1th and with all those chips on your side you can at least be 2nd.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call and cross your fingers, you cant be behind pre-flop

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call

Certainly the Leader chip wanted to intimidate the entire table.
Analyze what you have top pair and the table in great position, the chip leader does not know that you have one for A, it probably has to loudly or even a couple of A.
For my vision of the game should rather give call.

We have to be prepared for the reaction of our opponent.
Fernando Moraes

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
After the fight before and succeded to reach a final table of Sunday million it is very difficult to go all in even with the aces. I would fold so that to have the time to study the other players.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your goal?
The way I read your intro, you'll be happy with 9th place, but 8th is significantly better, etc.
As others have said: if you call, you have some 20% chance of leaving in 9th place
What they didn't say: if you fold, you have near 100% chance of leaving 8th or better, depending the relative stack sizes.

Rude/bad example: this week I played a 1 table play money S&G where 1 player was sitting out for the entire game. The player sitting out became 3rd, itm. Thus: 6 players took too much risk at some point in time; doing nothing would have given a better pay.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally would call, I don't see me folding AA in this situation.

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot imagine any ICM telling you to fold in this scenario. If there is such an example, would love to see it.

If you are so worried about getting raising, getting 3 bet and having to fold, then open shove all-in

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your goal?
The way I read your intro, you'll be happy with 9th place, but 8th is significantly better, etc.
As others have said: if you call, you have some 20% chance of leaving in 9th place
What they didn't say: if you fold, you have near 100% chance of leaving 8th or better, depending the relative stack sizes.

not only that, if he stacks for his 80% equity he will most likely have a massive chiplead over all the other players. Wich usually should grant him atleast Top 3 if not even more.

So its a easy call. If youre afraid of loosing, dont play poker. Loosing is a part the game. If you wouldnt loose people you have an edge over wont play. So go hard or go home ;)

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i call ,can not not pay with that hand and in that instance, if you do not play that hand is not how you came to the final table, you always have to put pressure on the other players at the table, but also at the final table, the difference in earnings between 1 and 9 is a lot, but worth the risk if you play the hand and get as chipleader!

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If chip leader is shoving and u have A A then good chance he his AK KK QQ so I think its a call its depends on the info u have on the player aswel has he got all they Chips from wining flips or playing good poker so he might b wild and b shoving with 99 or something AQ and AJ I see ppl getting that in all the time as well so my awnser stands its a call. To win tournaments u have to take chances and u have the best chance with the Blades

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course the call! unless you think he has two jokers ))))

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your starting hand is the strongest ! I see no reason to fold before the flop...

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What cards are You willing to play when You considder to fold AA ?
You can get your chips in here as the favorite... So GO FOR IT!

If You fold here because of fear to be eliminated by an underdog all-in then You better not play poker at all... maybe chess :)

Winning this hand ( in which You probably are a HUGE favorite ) will give You the chiplead on the final table and allow You to play tight without pressure because of the high blinds...

There is no better thing that can happen to You than this situation and a fold here is the worst decission You can make in poker.

grogrich

grogrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is impossible situation no way second stack goes allin against first one... he can 3 bet you and if you 4 bet he can go allin but this situation just cant happen as you describe it. its true

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course call... i am wonder what you did...

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA is always All in I lose my money but I do not lose my courage.

Jipa Nicolae

Jipa Nicolae

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I call of course! AA is the best hand for it.

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do not have to worry about the aggressiveness of your rivals, it's the best option

Folding in Poker