call 3 bet

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have AA, you opened from early position, and we get 3-bet from the BTN, which is better all-in or call?

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you are in early position, I think I would choose to either all in or 4-bet as you are first to act post flop, so you need to play aggressive. Villain should already be aware that your range is tight UTG, but just hope he doesn't realise quite how tight it really is.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Automatically I would think to go all in as so many occasions I have been called from it on MTT games.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would only shove if I knew Vill was going to call, other than that I would 4b

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not an easy question. Reraising after a raise usually means AA. Most often I will either call or allin. If there are several opponents against me, I will push all the chips to the center of the table.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the type of opponent that has 3 bet you.

If you're opponent 3 bets lightly in position then it's better to just call pre and let them blast a few bets off to you on flops and turns because against this type of opponent who lightly 3 bets they tend to fold to 4 bets regularly.

If the opponent who 3 bet you rarely 4 bets then it's a good time to put more money in because it's likely they will fully commit to their hand

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to look at your opponent carefully. If this is a super aggressive player, an all-in bet in this situation is a great opportunity to quickly increase your pot with a better card:) If a player is playing a Tight style against you, all in is a bad idea. Calling is not a bad game, but only if you are 1 on 1 to eliminate other players with a bad card. If your bet is supported by 2-3 more players at the table, you need to re-raise so that there is a minimum number of players in the game and you do not get disappointed on the river with AA ;)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All-in looks like a weak play-but your range looks loose-I for a push, but there is a question what kind of play?

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your scenario is in an MTT and you mention no other factors to consider then I would assume you know little about your opponent. That being the case you can't be sure the BTN will call a shove so a re-raise would be a great play but make it a substantial bet. There's an excellent chance the BTN will come back with a shove but if he calls you can now lead out after the flop with the shove you wanted to make in the first place.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What limit is? Effective stack? Reads against opponent?
I think best will be 3x 4-bet and C-bet 25% pot any board and raise push, if effective stack 100bb;
and 4-bet push with 50bb or less

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are deep stacked, 4 bet a decent amount. If they shove, go for it. Remember that any card can hit on the flop, so going all in can be a finality.

Short stacks are an easy all in. The person wants to play and it is a positive EV play.

Now, if the person is short stacked and you are deep, the bet could be enough to make them have to go all in. This can further isolate them from people who want to see a flop, but do not have hands that can withstand aggressive play.

The goal can be to win the chips, but it has to be done in a way to not end a tournament on your part. Wait until the flop to decide on an all in if you are able. The best way to handle them is to isolate them and go from there. It is also better to recover from chip loss than it is to have to walk away completely.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on your opponent and stack sizes, bot mostly just 4-bet, no need to get crazy