aashka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you do ?
Stack: 10k
Blinds 300/600

CO limps, you are in the dealer button with Queens.
Do you raise/shove/limp ?

Btw i shoved and the BB woke up with Aces :(
I could have just 3 bet here but didn't want anyone to re-shove on me and call with Queens (as I have been loosing a lot of flips calling with Queens, even against pocket 6s and Ace rags). Is this logic flawed ?

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This time the BB woke up with a hand but the majority of the time this won't happen. I like the shove here but a 3 bet to around 2.5 -3k could also induce worse hands to shove over the top. Don't be results orientated you have some bad experiences with queens but don't make the mistake of limping behind and let trash into the pot you made the right play just didn't go for you this time

agrivion

agrivion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you do ?
Stack: 10k
Blinds 300/600

CO limps, you are in the dealer button with Queens.
Do you raise/shove/limp ?

Btw i shoved and the BB woke up with Aces :(
I could have just 3 bet here but didn't want anyone to re-shove on me and call with Queens (as I have been loosing a lot of flips calling with Queens, even against pocket 6s and Ace rags). Is this logic flawed ?

I would have raised and seen what he did. I find too many will play like they have the moon with 22. But you get an idea how they respond. I have no luck with QQ or JJ. I try to be cautious with those. However most will go all in with 22 so its hard to say. Its more of a gut call.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
This short all-in is the normal play. Since you have the third strongest pocket pair and he only limps you can also raise.

This short a raise often look stronger than an all-in - so sometimes it is easier to get them to call with lower pairs and Ax if the money goes in PF and they have a chance to see all cards. If the miss the flop they often fold of course.

I would probably never "trap" by just calling when someone limps and especially not if there are players behind.

If a super-aggressive bluffer raises you can sometimes trap with your strongest hands. But with a limp and this strong hand the money goes in this short (if you only raise, and an ace flops and he donks all-in maybe an exception).

Since you push so many other hands this short all-in is easier and looks more like weaker holdings in your range.

So all-in most often.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there
I would have played like you did
This kind of thing happens once in a while
Rgds

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there
I would have played like you did
This kind of thing happens once in a while
Rgds

These are the type of hands that can throw someone on tilt. You honestly played the hand correctly. You can always just raise pre and see what the BB does, and of course the BB could make a re-raise with AK, AQ, and JJ and lower. Just an unlucky circumstance.

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that with you being that short it is an all-in. The question is if you just raised and then the BB went over the top, would you have folded? Because then raising would have more merit. Personally I probalby would have a hard time believing a raise by the BB so it wouldn't change things for me, money gets in either way. But if you had a really good read on the guy then maybe raising would be best.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play a push or a standard raise. but I certainly wouldn’t limp

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This short all-in is the normal play however a raise to 2400 to induce a shove might be in order.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
high pocket pair (QQ JJ)

Personally with those two hands, maybe even with KK but I have a really hard time folding them cause being my favorite hand I think they flop well, you have to be very carefull when shoving. If you are going for the blind and or to scare of the low hands that have beaten you a big raise would suffice however if you shove you are risking being called by a range of QQ+ AK AQ maybe even AJ A10 hands that have a great chance of taking you out of the tournament.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love queens, very high percentage of wins! Raise, or go all in?

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your stack is 16 blinds, your hand is QQ. There's nothing to think about, all-in, of course.
With this stack you have only 2 options, fold or all-in.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You made the right decision. With the depth of the stack in 3bb you have to go all in with any pair and any A. Qqv most cases win. You're out of luck, but with a stack 3bb is the only right decision.

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming it was a mtt and the BB had a similar chip stack. I would of probably raised 2/3 times blind and then made a decision based on his re-raise/all in. Would go with my gut on if I wanted to risk tournament life with QQ. Other things I would consider are position I am in and how close I am too the money in the tournament.