Bubble zone

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When this phase of torunament comes a lot of players tend to be passive as the possibility to take their money back crosses their minds ... however the best players play aggressively at this phase to steal a lot of chips to help them reach final table ... how do you guys play at bubble zone ?

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If im very short i will fold anything expect AA,KK QQ,.AK.,,i use time bank,watch other tables ...lol its most tense part of mtt but entertaiming as well.If i have big stack then i open reise with mediocare hands and better from cut off,button and SB to steal,i avoid big pots with other big staks..shove monsters hoping short stake will call with Ax or something becouse he wil l think that i want to steal....

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My play is also dependant on where my stack sits. If I am a big or above average stack I increase my opening range and try to steal as much as possible. If I am really small then I tighten up and try to just get ITM.

One factor to consider is the sizes of stacks you are against... who is in already and who is left to act. It is best to only have small or medium stacks to act after you in a pot that no one else has entered yet. Be careful when someone is still left to act that has a similar or larger stack than you.

Guii_LF

Guii_LF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bolha

the right thing is to pressure players who are hoping to drop the prize bubble, thus making chips and getting more comfortable for the rest of the tournament

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I have a big stack, I will play very aggressively with my opens and call down shorter stacks a little wider if I think they are showing wide. It all depends on stack sizes. That's the most important factor when approaching a bubble. Avoid larger stacks, Attack the smaller stacks. You will bust out before the bubble a little more often, but you're going to make final table on top three runs a lot more often. That should be your goal. It takes a lot of minimum cashes to equal one top three win, so going for those top three wins is what helps your ROI the most. The only exception would be if it's a free roll or you don't have a bankroll and getting out of the money would leave you with little to nothing.

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why I try to be more aggressive because many are afraid to leave the tournament in the final stages,

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great time to steal some chips but be wary of small stacks, if they shove they are probably pretty strong.

A

Aparajit

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During this stage it gives A K or A Q or small pockets and makes you lose if you are small stack ;)

S

SuitedPear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a little passive. I was taught that poker is about patience and well timed agression, so if I'm ready to bang I'll pounce on it like a Puma. Then again, there have been some tourneys where I didn't have many chips so I just basically basically went and made a sandwich.

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually i'm trying to put pressure on very tight players.