Bubble Play...

B

bkkblues99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 14BB, clear shove from the BU without any reads on the SB & BB. If BB (also the big stack here) has been particularly aggressive, AK 2X can also be fine (trying to induce a bluff shove from BB). After the BB calls, it's a snap call.
(Unless you are more interested in the min cash instead of actually trying to win the tournament).

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The goal is to finish in the money don't play anything.

Open shoving or getting it in by calling BB shove is +EV and on the bubble you should also consider spots for stealing blinds and getting it in good. If you don't play anything you're leaving $$ on the table in the long run.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, apparently, I would have dropped this distribution. It's about the bubble, although if you play with programs and have statistics or just have an idea about the game of the appanent, then you can kill it, although this is a rather risky action .... 50,000 against 20,000 it will still remain in the the game even if it loses, so here it is necessary to have at least some information to call, if it is not folded and wait for payments

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold to his shove, or shove first!

Protential did a good video about this. It was final table, he was the chip leader on the BU, action folded to him and he shoved with J5s. The explanation behind why he shoved is excellent.
He said: "even if the player on the BB, who was 3rd in chips, has AK he realistically can not call, even if he knew I had J5!" And when you think about it, he is right. Why risk busting out to random 2 cards when you are ITM and pay jumps are quite big. Same applies to bubble play. It's not like you are the shortest stack, and in need of calling opponents shove.

Wait it out, few people left to bust to get to the money. If you need a calling range in that situation, then I'd say TT+, but definitely not Ax, not even AK.
It may seem to tight, but give it a good thought and it starts making sense.