Brutal Final Table

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So on the 29th I played the $5.50 Deep Stacks on pokerstars it got 544 runners and started at 17:30 GMT.

Without boring you with the early-mid game i played fairly solid with some moves vs people i had a read on and some well times re-steals to keep me in the game.

down to around 13 players and i had a fairly tough stack to play i was always around 7-10th position and was playing a 30-40bb stack however i was on a stacked table compared to the other with 2 monster stacks to my left which really capped my range and had me thinking a lot. I managed to make the FT 7/9 with around 35bb on what was a VERY deep stacked Final Table.

1 player was eliminated fairly quickly then 30 minutes passed and i managed to chip up pretty well due to having a tight player to my direct left and a couple of fairly loose players on my right giving me great spots to steal the button and to re-steal the late position opens from my right. i had 50-55 big blinds by this point and was feeling confident this was my FT to win as i do every time i make one as it is the better part of my game (I have some big flaws in the early mid stages i need to sort out though).

So this hand happens at the point we are speaking about....

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/11501182_F34201F7A0

I could have squeezed it up for sure but 2 reasons lead me not to do so:
*The opener was pretty tight and was min raising when he did open and this time he has raised UTG and to 3x it felt like a range of 99-AA AK AQ maybe AJs and QKs nothing else so my TT would be a bluff if i fold to a shove.
*The caller from the button would be a tough opponent to play out of position when the board comes with an over card whihc happens 70% of the time with TT.

Please let me know if i go wrong here on the turn but i think i cannot be folding to al all in and i cannot give a free card so better doing it myself i thought.

Another player busts and i chip up a little but with the blinds at 6k/12k i have a little less than 30bb whihc brings me to this hand.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/11501225_CF99393012

The opener was pretty loose but he folded to 3 bets a really small amount of time i thini it was 15-25% however with the lead he was fairly aggressive so i opted for a small 3 bet to take the betting lead here in position and to try and get the pot heads up instead of calling and inviting others in or a squeeze behind.

Once again please let me know if you think i can play this hand mroe optimally. I had not given up on the turn by the way it was a pot control check and re evaluate depending on the river and his action.

so this left me with 13-14 bb and pretty short, however the 2 loose openers some how found reason to raise and fold to my 3 bet re shoves 4 or 5 times in just a couple orbits and i found myself playing 20-25 bb after putting my chips in the middle a lot and winning the pots uncontested. I then found AK and once again Loose player opens there is a flat i shove 25 bb with AK and i get a cold 4 bet iso shove. Lucky for me i am against AQs and hold to be sat on a healthy stack.

I chip up some more and lose a flip vs a 20bb stack who shoved my open blind vs blind with KJ i call 77.... didnt boom this as it was pretty standard.

I chip up really well after this as i had big stacks to my right medium stacks to my left as 6 handed play actually lasted 3-4 hours. I had a lot of solid reads and it seemed like they were happy to fold to my squeezes or check fold to my c bets.

I am now say second having amassed a monster stack of 62 blinds with the best seat on the table and we have this hand...

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/11501668_A8D1B094E1

Ok so the player on my left had in the last hour or so decided to try to stand up to me and had 3 bet me around 8-10 times of which i had 4 bet 4 times got 3 folds and folded to a 5 bet shove once so he is on to me and all it took was to find a hand and it felt like he would convince himself to 5 bet over shove light.... Turns out he had a hand but so did I....

This one really knocked the stuffing out of me but I was ready to rebuild for the millionth time :) i got away with a lot of steals and re steals again and 2 further players managed to go out whilst 4 handed the blinds had increased a couple levels so i had 550-650k which was 20-25 blinds there was a raise and a call i was sat in the big blind with 99 looked pretty dreamy shoved it and the opener finally had enough of my shoving and decided that JTo was good enough and i lost this race, sorry for no boom but it was 06:10 GMT and i was kind of pleased to go to bed haha.

Any comments regarding my play would be appreciated i am not looking for sympathy at all i am not crying i am asking for any feedback and also letting people know this stuff happens but you can come back!