Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What do you do during your 5 minute break in multi-table tournaments?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends; sometimes bathroom break, other times pour a cup of coffee, other times I sit at the computer and study the opponents (stack sizes, playstyles, table images etc.) and formulate/refine a strategy for when the event continues again.

It is all mood and how I feel during that particular break, but most of the time I head on over to the kitchen for something quick, or just chat with someone for a few minutes as a quick "mental refresher" as I keep an eye on the clock - 5 minutes isn't anywhere near a full-blown conversation, but it is more like "checking-in" :D

TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More often than not, I just get up from the chair, and try to walk around, warm up and talk to my daughters, I can make a cup of coffee.

C

cornedbeef

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait for it to start back up

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends; sometimes bathroom break, other times pour a cup of coffee, other times I sit at the computer and study the opponents (stack sizes, playstyles, table images etc.) and formulate/refine a strategy for when the event continues again.

It is all mood and how I feel during that particular break, but most of the time I head on over to the kitchen for something quick, or just chat with someone for a few minutes as a quick "mental refresher" as I keep an eye on the clock - 5 minutes isn't anywhere near a full-blown conversation, but it is more like "checking-in" :D

Do you ever pee while drinking coffee at the same time ? Me too :)

After late registration has closed - I will often look back in the lobby to see how many bullets some of the opponents have fired. It's just so - humorous to me to see players firing 5+, 8+ and even more bullets in events. I'm always wondering - if these players even think - huh first two bullets weren't successful - maybe it's not my day today, or maybe I should re-evaluate my strategy, or anything in relation to logical thinking. lol

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Going to the bathroom and a little exercise routine, sitting for so long makes me a bit uncomfortable

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just the usual, get something to drink, make a coffee, go out to the fresh air, smoke a cigarette, toilet business.

Depends on the situation, if just 2-3 tourneys running or i deep in all, i leave the tables 5 minutes before the break in every 3-5 hours, so i have time for everything.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you ever pee while drinking coffee at the same time ? Me too :)

After late registration has closed - I will often look back in the lobby to see how many bullets some of the opponents have fired. It's just so - humorous to me to see players firing 5+, 8+ and even more bullets in events. I'm always wondering - if these players even think - huh first two bullets weren't successful - maybe it's not my day today, or maybe I should re-evaluate my strategy, or anything in relation to logical thinking. lol

Me too? lol Never done that at the same time before xD

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like to get a nice mug of Rooibos tea...very healthy

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Easy: go to the bathroom, drink water, stretch, often talk a little with my family, breathe deeply and concentrate again, 5 minutes is very little time and you have to make the most of them

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bathroom. Sip some water and get Laptop/mobile charger in place if the battery is low.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey
All I have time to do is go to the toilet, smoke and pour a cup of tea.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to the bathroom n smoke one generally. Maybe grab a drink n stretch out

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bathroom break, Get something to drink, catch up on emails\ tweets or walk around for couple of minutes

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do during your 5 minute break in multi-table tournaments?

We all know 5 minutes is not very long. I always take a "smoke" break. I step outside my apartment because I do not like to smoke inside my apartment. The only other activity could be a bathroom break. One of the sites I play on has their breaks at ? :55 to ? :00 , most sites are ? :00 to ? :05 , when I am on these sites together it screws up everything! HaHa :D

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing I do during breaks is go to the toilet!

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Johnathon Little once said - the hardest part about online poker tournaments is making coffee during the breaks :)

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Similar to everyone else it’s a mixture of getting a drink/snack, using the restroom and chatting with family but I also try to take a step back, think about how I’ve been playing and if I should change anything up considering the table and stage of tournament.

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It rarely turns out that I don’t get up and go out on a break. Often those five minutes seem very little.
Most of the time I go out for some refreshments, water or soft drinks, a few times for coffee.
When I feel tired I go out to suck in fresh air.
Rarely does it turn out that I don’t get up and go out during the break, If I don’t go out I browse the internet.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like to get out into the fresh air and breathe deeply. It's very good relaxing. It is also possible to exercise to refresh the body and head, when the blood starts moving faster :) I do not recommend drinking drinks with caffeine or alcohol.... :( A glass of plain (filtered) or mineral water, will have the best effect for you. Also don't forget to turn on the music, if it's not night tournaments, but I sometimes do it at night)))