BR for Recreational players

D

Deepstack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As i mentioned in one of my other threads all this BR can be very confusing. I see myself as a recreational player but i do take it seriously in terms of i want to be a winning player. However if i play a maximum of 3-4 tables two to three times a week do i really need 100+ buyins?

Obviously i would rather not have to reload on a regular basis but if after 6 months i bust its not the end of the world

I have a full time job also so its not like i am living off any poker winnings. I feel proper disiplined BR management (100+ buyins) is for the pros or people that poker is their main source of income.

Is there anyone else in a similar position to me that can share how they go about BRM etc

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally 50-100 buy ins to be safe. If you are playing stakes where you can afford to reload without harming real life expenses then you can certainly have a smaller buy in cushion. Depends on how much money you want to keep putting in if you keep losing it.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you consider yourself to be a recreational player then deposit however much you want and play whatever you want, sometimes you'll win and other times you lose.

D

Deepstack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally 50-100 buy ins to be safe. If you are playing stakes where you can afford to reload without harming real life expenses then you can certainly have a smaller buy in cushion. Depends on how much money you want to keep putting in if you keep losing it.

Thanks for your reply

I guess nobody ever wants to reload but like i said i work full time as my main income. I feel comfortable playing between $4.40/ $5.50/ $7.50 & $11 games on pokerstars. Thats an average buyin of around $7. My $200 BR would allow for just under 30 Buyins.

D

Deepstack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you consider yourself to be a recreational player then deposit however much you want and play whatever you want, sometimes you'll win and other times you lose.

Thanks for your reply

Yes i think this is probably what i will do but i would still like to have some sort of structure/limits just dont feel i need to be as cautious as some suggest for full time poker players

thanks again

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just deposit what you're comfortable with. if you deposit $200, that's 45x $4.40 mtts to 18x $11 mtts.

at your estimated 3-4 games, 2-3x a week, that's 24-48 mtts per month. so, your $200 would be more than enough for that buy-in range. what buy-ins you choose will determine how long your bankroll will potentially last. of course, this isn't taking into consideration any profit, which will increase your buy-in total.

D

Deepstack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just deposit what you're comfortable with. if you deposit $200, that's 45x $4.40 mtts to 18x $11 mtts.

at your estimated 3-4 games, 2-3x a week, that's 24-48 mtts per month. so, your $200 would be more than enough for that buy-in range. what buy-ins you choose will determine how long your bankroll will potentially last. of course, this isn't taking into consideration any profit, which will increase your buy-in total.

Thanks for your reply

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good it has cheap tournaments or micro limits so just have a bankroll of at least 50 $ easy to evolve your games. and with a partial of 3 to 4 games per week, you can get a good percentage of profit, remembering that the micro limits and recreational ones will find a lot of players giving bad kkk. so study before playing any tournament!