Bounty builders

D

Danm98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What’s your thoughts on bounty tournaments?in my opinion my go to tournaments for the enjoyment and making money aspect. Also, what’s your go to strategies?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that people are a bit looser in bounty builders, especially at the micro stakes I play, as they are trying to knock people out. So if someone goes all in and they have him covered, I often see calls with marginal hands in hopes to get lucky and pick up the bounty. You can take advantage of this, but when I do I often get sucked out on. That’s why I usually avoid the bounty builders.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, that action tend to be looser in bounty tournaments, especially in the first blind levels, until the wildest players have either busted or build a big stack. I think, thats a good thing however. When I play MTTs, my goal is not to survive as long as possible in one particular MTT. My goal is the highest possible long term ROI, and wild action certainly contribute to acheive that, like in this hand from a 4,4$ PKO on pokerstars. Thanks largely to this hand I not only won some bounty money but also went on to cash in the tournament.

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As with anything, pko's have pros and cons.

Personally, I quite like them and my daily schedule has been largely made up of $1.1, $2.2 & $3.3 pko's for quite a while.

At first I didn't do all that well in them but after tweaking my strategy for the format things got better and recently won a 4,125 field pko.

Huzzah!

Ultimately half the prizepool is in bounties so you have to take good opportunities to pick them up.

D

Danm98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with anything, pko's have pros and cons.

Personally, I quite like them and my daily schedule has been largely made up of $1.1, $2.2 & $3.3 pko's for quite a while.

At first I didn't do all that well in them but after tweaking my strategy for the format things got better and recently won a 4,125 field pko.

Huzzah!

Ultimately half the prizepool is in bounties so you have to take good opportunities to pick them up.

Fair play well done! I’m yet to win any decent money, still trying to learn through sit and go’s but I do love a bounty tournament! Any tips for bounties to improve?

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For those who are patients its great, there is a lot of loose players calling anything just for the bounty (wich is like 1/4 - 1/5 of the buy in)
But if you dont take some risks it just doesnt worth, if you dont try to knock out some villains your payouts will be very low

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Fair play well done! I’m yet to win any decent money, still trying to learn through sit and go’s but I do love a bounty tournament! Any tips for bounties to improve?
Only general tips without knowing how someone plays..

Don't late reg pko's because every time someone is eliminated some of the prizepool is gone.

Don't play overly snug in pko's because plenty will be playing fairly loose & aggressively.

It's helpful if you can get a couple of bounties early because being the biggest stack at the table is very advantageous.

I wouldn't recommend going wild, still play good poker, but just try to get ahead and then use that to put pressure on people and pick up bounties.

As always it's a tightrope walk because you have to try protect your stack too. :dontknow:

I try to avoid giving advice to anyone besides for recreational players and novices because I'm still just figuring things out myself... :eek:

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, indeed, the pleasure of these tournaments is great.I won one of those tournaments that year for $ 3.30.I got more by knockouts, which is 450 dollars, and the first place is 196 dollars.It's nice when there are such days-it's a pity that they are not frequent.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My strategy in this type of tournament is to try not to play every hand thinking about winning a player's bounty, I always try to focus on my game and what I can achieve with my good game and not take risks if it is not necessary, many players only You bet everything to want to win a player's bounty and I think it is a lot of risk, when you can achieve something better