Bounties

W

wellalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have 47 blinds, in the bubble of 1 Ft, Bounty Builder $11 tournament, Low jack with AQoff, opens 3x, small blind goes all-in with 32 blinds and a considerable bounty, do you call?

Last edited by a moderator:
dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It is tournaments that have a reward for knocking out players that are the most popular MTT format in most poker rooms. Moreover, a separate series with tournaments of this type is arranged on a regular basis at pokerstars, it is called the KO Series.The main feature of bounty tournaments, which makes them so popular, is the fact that a player can win back the buy-in amount and even get a profit even before he gets into the prize zone. It is enough just to knock out several opponents and get a reward for their head.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult decision, I could easily have AA KK JJ and even any pair in hand could leave you compromised.
in this opportunity I would pass the cup

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You have 47 blinds, in the bubble of 1 Ft, Bounty Builder $11 tournament, Low jack with AQoff, opens 3x, small blind goes all-in with 32 blinds and a considerable bounty, do you call?
Very interesting spot, thanks for posting! :icon_thum

Do you have any data, reads or history on/with the player?

How have they been playing?

What does 'considerable' mean?

In a regular MTT I'd perhaps be much more inclined to fold whereas in a PKO the reverse would be true, especially if opponent had a large bounty.

My decision would likely be finalised based on my understanding of the player's range/tendencies.

Last edited:
vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on the reward, notes on the player, at best a flip and knocking out two, at worst the loss of the stack and the possibility of winning the tournament.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

In bounty game not calling should never be an option (unless you actually dont want bounties for some weird reason) ...

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the risk is worth the reward, not terrible, still missing a final table, the stack setup points are worth it, but there are a lot of developed downs and bigger shorts from odds.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KO tournament. You must go for the bounty....

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KO in the tournament. You must go for the reward....

That must be why the guy called me all-in for 25bb with 96s, I had 88. Now, guess the river?

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it's better to look at the record of the hand in the replayer and see more data. In the bubble stage of the ICM, the pressure is very strong, and folding is likely to be the right decision. Because even the first bet of 3x is already possibly increased and indicates the strength of the hand (this judgment will be incorrect if this is the standard bet size for this player), the second player puts all-in, I don’t think that the bet is a bluff.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
2 key factors here, how short are the short stacks? If they are really short and I can probably just fold an orbit or 2 into the money then tend to lean towards fold.

The other bit of info I'd want to know is the payouts relative to the bounty. FT bubble, is this for min cash or are we already in the money? If we are already in the money and its just decent payjump to FT then I'm way more likely to be calling here. If the bounty is more than the payjump, then again it much more likely a call.:)

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love em, let's you get 💰 before you reach the final table. Its a really a toss up because no matter what, I play to win so when I all in I usually have the best hand, meaning I know I probably can't be beat, if you call a all in,and lose ,well that's the reason I alld in, I didn't think I could lose. Now alot of players bluff,but im usually the 1 pushing them all in with a simple check n reraise, the ole sneaky sneaky trick. Good luck.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont quite understand the question

what is 1ft

what is "low jack" ?

who has AQ off ? you ?