BOL Double or Nothing SNG's

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone spend much time playing the BetOnline Double or Nothing SNG's? Do you have any great strategies for this format?

I have played a few and I kind of like them. There are a few good points and a few bad points about these.

They play fairly fast (I am sure BOL loves this as it causes more buyins in order to keep playing poker = more fees/rake for them). It seems fairly easy to cash, but because of the "survivor" style payout structure, we do have to cash more than 55% of the time to just break even (fees/rake are about 17% and we need to overcome this).

Play here feels like "bubble play" in a standard tournament. So if bubble play is something you struggle with, this may be a good way to practice. Keep in mind though, that chip accumulation isn't important here, being above the chip average is.

Good luck and God Bless.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I have ever played that modality, I think the variance is less than in tournaments, for example.
But I don't really like it, I prefer to play 9 player sits & go, or tournaments.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played them for a while. I liked them. I started to notice a couple of players that were finishing in the money quite often. I have a HUD and I noticed they had a VP between 10 and 14%. So needless to say they weren't playing a lot of hands. They would play the hands very aggressively that they did play. So I started to mimic their style. It worked fairly well for me. I got to where I would look at the VPs and could predict at least a couple of the finishers. The only problem is you have to win at least 2 out of 3 to make a small profit. Lets look at the numbers a $7 entry wins you 12.60 so not quite double or nothing I know the house has to take its cut. so if you win 2 out of 3 thats $21 invested and $25,20 won. $4,20 is a small profit margin that only 20% on your investment. Another mistake I often see is this is like a satellite 1st pays same as 4th. I see a lot of people that have enough chips they are guaranteed to finish going head to head with another person that can felt them. That is another reason the low VPs can make the money they just simply wait for others to make dumb mistakes. I hope this advice helps your game.