Bluff Time

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once upon time I was in such a situation : At the late stage of tournament with high blinds and antes, being in position I called 3x-bet from chipleader of the table with :ad4::10h4: on my hands, the rest players dropped the cards. After the flop of :kd4::7s4::ah4:, followed by contbet opponent in the size of half-pot, I call. The turn brings :2c4:, goes further bet, again in a half-pot, I call. The river brings :6s4: and the opponent goes all-in, I got ready with thoughts and called him. Showdown - he opens :qc4::jc4:!!! And I take the bank. As it turned out, this hand allowed me to eventually win this tournament, and what is most interesting is that I played with the same player in the heads-up final. How do you think, how appropriate is it to use bluff in MTTtournaments and how can you expose a bluffer in an on-line tournament? Perhaps someone can share their interesting hands with a successful or unsuccessful bluff.

Last edited:
AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had no right to fold. He had to understand this. And in general bluff must live

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He did not have the best bluff board. I would like to know - what size stacks did you have? If you stayed too short, the bluff did not make sense - you do not have a way back.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He did not have the best bluff board. I would like to know - what size stacks did you have? If you stayed too short, the bluff did not make sense - you do not have a way back.
After called turn-bet I still had about 20bb and could continue the game, don't be warryed to be short-stacked, in pot there was 25bb at that moment. The board was dry, agree, but he could have AQ, AJ or how I was thinkin after his all-in he сould catch set of deuces on the river or two pairs A2.

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, in the tournament without bluff anywhere. Especially in large tournaments. And I do not think that someone will reveal their secrets on the bluff and the opening of the bluff the opponent

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once upon time I was in such a situation : At the late stage of tournament with high blinds and antes, being in position I called 3x-bet from chipleader of the table with :ad4::10h4: on my hands, the rest players dropped the cards. After the flop of :kd4::7s4::ah4:, followed by contbet opponent in the size of half-pot, I call. The turn brings :2c4:, goes further bet, again in a half-pot, I call. The river brings :6s4: and the opponent goes all-in, I got ready with thoughts and called him. Showdown - he opens :qc4::jc4:!!! And I take the bank. As it turned out, this hand allowed me to eventually win this tournament, and what is most interesting is that I played with the same player in the heads-up final. How do you think, how appropriate is it to use bluff in MTTtournaments and how can you expose a bluffer in an on-line tournament? Perhaps someone can share their interesting hands with a successful or unsuccessful bluff.

You can not be sure if he bluffs every time. He must have good cards sometimes and you can easily lose if you think that he is always bluffing. For some players, bluff is tactic.

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He did not have the best bluff board

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a bluff, it's impossible to win anything and never! :) Your distribution is common ... the opponent tried to knock you out, hoping to collect a straight on the turn or river, when nothing came he just did not have a choice, check or call was impossible ..: (To open the bluff simply, double raise on Bet or raise opponent, if the stack allows;) good luck;)

K

karkachi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing the limete to bluff is essential if not the players will get accustomed and will not believe in the bluff

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you will see a lot of missed str8 or flush draws overbet jam the river to try to win the pot. I love when I'm holding something strong in this spot and call em down.