Bluff or Check??

qb93

qb93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Situation: you pre-flop raise, 1 caller. Flop, guy checks, bet 50%, called. Turn, guy checks, bet 75%. River, guy checks again, now you know you beat when someone keeps check/calling.
Question: do you continue to rep the board, and bluff when you know you beat, especially when you got 3x his stack??

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you know yu are beat then why risk your chips ???

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on history with opponent, if he can fold on the river, then bet, if he don’t, then don’t bet. If you don’t know him, then don’t bluff until you see what kind of player he is. It’s simple.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I guess you can represent some hands in those situations when a good river for you comes but still , who is your opponent? What's the phase of the tournament? We don't want to bluff a calling station , having give ups(I mean check back) especially in position doesn't make you a worse player but a wiser one. You want to maintain your chips in a tournament otherwise you are out!

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
easy. You need make a pression on opponent, story is simple. if he cheks You beting/

also bluff also value bet

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With such lines from opponents, I will most often lose.

W

WeedVargasS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play to be aggressive at the end of the tournament, at the beginning I can't bluff

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Situation: you pre-flop raise, 1 caller. Flop, guy checks, bet 50%, called. Turn, guy checks, bet 75%. River, guy checks again, now you know you beat when someone keeps check/calling.
Question: do you continue to rep the board, and bluff when you know you beat, especially when you got 3x his stack??

Thank you for posting.

The skills that you can build off the table that will help you to know when to bluff are.

1 learning ranges for your self and your Villains based on position on the table.

2 How do ranges interact with certain boards

3 How do our V play there hands? Slow play what? XR what? Call down what?

4 How does our V expect us to play our hands flop turn river?

Note taking is a very important part of finding the data to answer the above questions.
Your HUD does not answer this completely

Hope this helps
:):)

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I lack information to give you an accurate answer, but most of the time I'm going to bet the river yes.