Big Hit vs Consistency

C

Calipe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there!

How many times you try to escape daily tournament grid in order to get a shot on a gold pot?
For example, people who use to play micro (around $ 0,50 turbo SnG) and suddenly try one "The big $ 7,50 MTT".

How often it happens with you guys?

Personally, I never did it, but I know I'm exception in this case.

Let me know about you. Feel free to share your daily transgressions and eventual conquests.

~Cheers!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying to follow strict bankroll management and jumping in such way is strictly against it. If you are good enough you can win big even at micro stakes. If you can't beat micro you should have some serious luck to cash at higher level. Not that it does not happen sometimes but it is rare.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have a rigid bankroll management strategy. Specially because my main goal in poker is to have fun and do not lose money. But even thinking like that I have a profit of about 1000 dollars till now. What means that br management really works.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely agree that in order to maintain some consistency and to outlast the swings that smart bankroll management and understanding where your game's at and what levels you should play is important. I have dabbled a little more recently in tournaments (still at the level of stakes I'm comfortable in playing), so I'm still staying in my comfort level and not going past what I should be playing but still getting a little variety rather than the same types of events and games I play.

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every once in a while, I play out of my league, usually to bad results