Big Blinds or Chip Count, which one do you use?

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Big Blinds or Chip Count, which one do you use?

I mostly use (about 95% ) Big blinds, it simplify my game in smaller numbers and so i can use my brain in other things like fold a JJ.
The exception for me is at begin of any tourneyment, the absolute value seems more important when other player bets 20 BB and it is only 40 chips (3k+ initial), i do prefer see a 200 chips than a 100BB

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Definitely BB, it greatly simplifies the calculation of whether it is worth it to raise, check or fold. It's easiest to imagine that poker is in another country and its currency is BB, when you go abroad you use a foreign currency, not your own. In my opinion there is no point in converting it everytime while playing. Additionally, when you change the stakes, you play exactly the same way.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have chips in front of me always

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Big blinds nowadays so that I can shift my game according the stack size I have in BB.
The more the BB the more loose aggressive plays the less the BB more tighter gameplays….

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
definitely chip count. Other possibility (for me) is as ridicilous as would be using fahrenheit (or whatever it is) when talking about weather etc ...

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Chip Count in Cash Games. BB in MTTs or other Tournament Formats.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I never use the calculation in blinds. I do not see the need for this. And without this calculation, I have a good idea of the number of blinds in my stack.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its important to think in terms of BB and you need to include the antes when they are present.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chip count. It has always been that way, and i'm too set in my ways to change, and no, i won't give big blind a trial, i'm too lazy.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tend to use chips over BB. I tried using BB but did not like it that way.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I use bb because it's much more convenient than chips for me personally before when I first started playing only with chips, then I started playing for a long time then I switched to BB and I've become much more comfortable and now I continue to play the same way using BB, but sometimes see how much chips it is for convenience so I use both functions

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have tried BBs, but when the blinds are changing very rapidly and there are only a few seconds given to make a decision, I find it can be misleading. And in any case I like to see exactly what number of chips are being bet, so I can match that, or exactly double it, or treble it. I think that gives me some sort of psycological advantage occasionally.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I learned poker with chips or cash and always have played using this method. I am sure the math is easier with blinds but it is still beyond me!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I learned poker with chips or cash and always have played using this method. I am sure the math is easier with blinds but it is still beyond me!
The math is the same (just easier since the numbers are smaller.).

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use chip count because i want know how big is my stack how deep im in tournament and when i should check all stacks players and because I got used to it

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Definitely BB, it greatly simplifies the calculation of whether it is worth it to raise, check or fold. It's easiest to imagine that poker is in another country and its currency is BB, when you go abroad you use a foreign currency, not your own. In my opinion there is no point in converting it everytime while playing. Additionally, when you change the stakes, you play exactly the same way.
This is the correct answer, the others are wrong. kkkkk

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
chip count, I don't know why but I feel uncomfortable playing with big blinds, I think maybe it's because since I started playing I have played like this with the chip count and I feel like I have never needed to play and I pay attention to the blinds

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer Chip Count, it's closer to the "Live Poker" atmosphere.
If I only saw BBs it would be more like playing stock market instead of poker, although there is a fine line between the two.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I flip back and fourth often, it is a nice feature to have the BB shown without having to calculate but doesnt transfer to live poker well. I like practicing the math as much as I can, maybe I'm just old school

Ogma

Ogma

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I'll look at BBs if I'm getting low, otherwise it's Chip stack for me.