betting by bluff in the hand.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually be the aggressor of the hand and very important to C-bet the flop by bluff, usually if you have AQs or any other two cards your chances of hitting one of them on the flop is 33%, so usually good players bluff the flop making a C-bet of about 25% to 30% of the pot especially when the cards are favorable to the aggressor of the hand.

on a board like k82 with a high card and no straight draw, it is favorable to C-bet if you missed the flop.

as well as a board with doubled cards 772, 595, are great for making a C-bet for bluff or value depending on your hand.

Ideally, your C-bet for value and bluff should be the same amount to make it harder for your opponent to read.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that this bluff most of the time will pass if it's a heads up and the board favors it, as you mentioned.
But if the hand has more than 2 players this bluff is more difficult to pass, of course all this analyzing how the table is playing.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not always when you miss the flop, your bet will be a bluff.
Ex: Flop: 2 7 J

You hold AQ (let's imagine without the suits).
Here a c-bet would probably be for value.
If you get a call, you can control the turn by checking behind if you don't hit anything or you can continue with barrels depending on how the turn card connected to the game.

Merging bluff and value bets is essential and really confuses opponents a lot, not making us players with such obvious plays.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
First of all I want to say that I agree that being aggressive after the flop and opting to C-bet is still a good thing, still it's a new game nowadays and population is stickier(especially when the usual C-bet is around 1/3 of the pot), so I would say that it's a good idea to reduce the frequency of your C-bets, at least when you totally miss the flop...

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
To be honest with you, the best bluffs have come on the river when I'm in full table heads up against an opponent and his bets are very low on aggression. To make a demonstration without putting cards, the situation would be the following:
Preflop: Villain 3bet.....I call
Flop: Villain raise 1/3 pot......I call
Turn: Villain raise 1/3 pot......I call
River: Villano raise 1/3 or 1/2 pot......I raise 4 bet or allin (depending on the situation)
River: Villain check ..........I Boat or 2 Boat or Allin (depending on the situation)
Of course, the more helpful the cards you see at showdown, the more accessible your chances are of making a bluff or semi-bluff.
You are right about something, a technique that I learned from a Pro player in one of his classes said that, depending on the bet on a flop, do not be afraid to pay it, precisely because most players attack on the flop. When you pay, they begin to think what you have and why you pay, so if he is bluffing at that moment you sow doubts in him, it is even more so that you can sow doubts if he only has, for example, a top pair.
Another great Pro player says that the bluff depends a lot on your bet, if your bet is soft the chances of the bluff being successful are not good, but if you are a respected player at the table because they have seen you have achieved important hands , then the bluff is very likely to succeed.
That's why when it comes to bluffing, the least you have to be afraid of is, if your pulse trembles, you'd rather fold and wait for another hand.
It is my humble friend.
Thanks for the post.... Greetings;););)

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands