Best Strategy to play at the beginning of a tournament

G

Gakcards

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that at the beginning of a tournament since the blinds are very low, you may want to play lots of hands ( not garbage hands. Suited hands and/or connected) and try to win some hands and get good amount of chips.
Because later on when blinds get higher, you will have to be tighter and tighter.

What do you think?

G

Gakcards

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct. However, the range of hands played at the beginning of the tournament should be less tighter than when you are deep in tournament.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes is usually like that, but you must see how the table plays, you always have to see that also

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything can Win

Being that on any given hand cards could come out to make that hand the winner, it's my opinion that at the beginning when blinds are low it's a good strategy to play as many "good probability" hands as you can

these are the hands that will give you a good probability to win should you catch your cards on the flop

I like suited connectors and, of course, faces & aces

how many times have you folded your weak hand, and then seen trips on one of your cards come on the flop

yes, ANY hand can win if the cards fall your way

TC

G

Gakcards

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And at the same time you need to make Pot control. Dont increase the pot size if you dont have a good probability of winning the hand. So if you can buy a card for free, no need to do raises

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best Strategy….

To not get knocked out lol… play with patience and wait for better opportunities before committing all of your chips.

G

Gakcards

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you wait too much, your stack will be less and less paying blinds and not playing. So you arrive at the end short stack and high blinds. Then you will have to push with any Ax.

kidpoker42

kidpoker42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best stratigy

I think the best strategy to play a beginning of a tournament online or live is tight aggressive.:eek::eek:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that at the beginning of the tournament it is necessary to start with a loose-aggressive style with a large number of blinds, but provided that the field is suitable for this.

E

El_Matt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Game theory tells us that you should start tight and then become more aggressive when the blinds are increasing.

Another aspect: Note how most players are starting to play incredibly tight once they are close to the money. It almost seems as if they just want to get in the money, and that's it. So, in this situation you can easily steal a lot of pots and boost your stack.