Best Option to survive to the top 3 Final Table

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Guys, do you think that playing aggressive in the final Table would always grant u a place on the top 3? I've tried it 4 times and it did work... Any taughts?

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to stay calm,breath in,think about all the possibilities and the most important thing:
Have luck.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes and no

Hey Guys, do you think that playing aggressive in the final Table would always grant u a place on the top 3? I've tried it 4 times and it did work... Any taughts?
it depends on your hands, it is useless to be aggressive with low hands, because if someone calls, you can fall before. normally 90% of the players at the final table are aggressive, but being aggressive doesn't always give you the top spot.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible and wrong to talk about the mandatory option to get into the top 3, because 90% will depend on your luck, what your bank is and what opponents are playing against you. Of course, when you get to the final table, you need to play actively and be aggressive, but sometimes you can't be aggressive every time if there are several players with huge stacks... You will be killed by reraises... Therefore, it is necessary to find weak points at the table and gradually go to the top. I doubt that it is possible to play 10 times at the final table in a big tournament and get into the top-3 9 times... I don't know, I don't know.... :(

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
888poker always has free tournaments where you can put what you know into practice a little, americas card room is also a good site, some of the recommendations I can make is that you have a lot of patience, read, watch videos, analyze your tournaments

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You certainly don’t have to be insanely aggressive. It mostly depends on your chip count. Compared to the other 2 people, as your chip count grows, you should play more aggressive... But with nearly the same chip counts, you have to think carefully, especially if the price are high. :)

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever you reach the final table, you should always consider ICM factor. Every chip of yours is worth more due to pay jumps, hence your aggression factor greatly depends on your stack. The more chips you have, the more people you can apply pressure to.

So if you are the chip leader, you should play quite aggressively. But if you are the shorter stack at the table, playing tight is your only option really. getting pay jumps is much more valuable for you than doubling up.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If it works for you keep using the same methods and when it no longer works for you then reevaluate and continue to adjust until it works again.

Good luck trying to find an auto pilot strategy or style of playing specific situations.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Because of my play, I rarely reach FT with top 3 stack, and as a short-stack it is basically not possible. Also depends on tourney structure, 80% tourneys what i play, the ft starts with average bb around 20-25. If it is deeper and i have 30+ bb, i try, but most of the time, it is not the case, and the pay jumps have a huge effect how profitable you are, so i never force it. partly because of that i have more, double 2nd and 3rd places, than tourney wins, but it is still better than win few and relegate plenty times on 7th, 8th, 9th place.