Best award or ITM?

Z

zc13expert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times in Sit and go or in some tournaments we find that I know, let's say that about 4 positions above the bubble and possibly we discard some playable cards due to previous raises to our hand and possibly the chipleader raises in all hands to be comfortable in chips, but little by little we begin to lose positions and the bubble player increases them and we end up being the bubble ourselves.

An experienced player friend of mine once told me that knowing me as he knows me under that situation, I could fold up to a couple of aces (which is obviously a lie), and on one occasion that was out of prizes, he told me if I remember correctly, you lost because you stayed chiper out.

I particularly focus most of the time on trying to enter prizes when my stack is not very high, and I know clearly that in tournaments the big prizes are concentrated in the first 3 places, as well as I know that if we do pure ITM it is difficult that in the sessions we are above.

The question to connoisseurs is "Up to what point can you hold out so as not to be chiperout"?

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Playing in any tournament, I always set a goal to take at least some prize money. This is my goal in every tournament. And it is thanks to this goal setting that my bankroll is growing every month.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I prefer MTT tournaments where there are a lot of players and a lot of prizes. And although such tournaments last 3-5 hours on average, but this is my favorite format. So far, my biggest win is $ 80.
Good luck.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is balance. If you start being nit too early you will reduce yourchances for deep run but on the other hand the difference in money between no cash and min cash is usually such that next similar payjump occurs much deeper in the tournament. So the min cash should not be underestimated. ICM deals with that on much more scientific level.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how the funds will impact your bankroll. If you're a freeroll player, a $1.10 cash can feel world-changing.

The other part of it is how big your stack is relative to the cut off. If you're bubbling hard, just try to survive. You're probably not going to win the tournament with a sub-5 BB stack, but maybe you can outlast the other two bubblers.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About a year ago, I won about $ 70. And last week I won a knockout tournament and got about 50 euros. It was a tour with a buy-in of 2 euros.

T

TRZYHZNIKAM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

In my opinion, you should choose tournaments that you can afford and you will not feel pressure to crawl to the first paid place. After 4-6 hours of play, multiply your share x0.7-2 this should not be the main goal in tournaments, you play for the first places, so you have to collect chips and not lose them in the bubble game too passively to be short stacked moments afterwards. Play carefully and aggressively at the right moments. You have to be prepared that sometimes, even when making good decisions, you will not be lucky. Draw conclusions, think over your hand and start another tournament. Good luck