Beat The Clock profitable?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
They will be for me, I have played 1 and finished 2nd, I won't be playing anymore of them unless I'm feeling lucky.

:top:

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit do not understand.
You about gambling?
or tournaments?
For cash games I think the right strategy. Well for tournaments too, of course...but not really..
But still the luck has to go together.

Last edited:
D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
:)some network will copy paste this soon we can only hope that fee will be there only 5%

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this type of tournament meets the crucial and most players playing all in, I'm more for outwitting opponents.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I played some BTC games. I started well, winning some money, then the my luck changed and I lost not only my previous profits but some bucks too.

It's a shove/fold game, and the luck factor is preponderant. I lost most of my games with better hands, playing correctly, so it's a game which skill is not so decisive.

It's fun, as a gamble game, but I'll not play it anymore.

Last edited:
fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doest for me at the beginning but now I just felt down like no tomorrow. The game was a hyper-turbo game so it's mainly based on luck. gosh..

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are five minute bingo games. Shove when you got 'em.

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ideal for tight players. I think will be successful are those who often played with a short stack and one-on-one. and there is very weak players at small stakes. a lot of push-fold. nothing more to say

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat the Clock is most of all gambling.

Its Shove or fold. When you got the hand, shove and pray, thats pretty much it.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat the clock is a lottery, it is hard to win something if you don't get good cards in the beginning. Another fast rake machine for pokerstars.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat the clock is a lottery, it is hard to win something if you don't get good cards in the beginning. Another fast rake machine for PokerStars.

Yep! I agree with you! I don't like them.. Avoiding them to play like K.O same thing.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never played them but everyone says they are bad =)

D

dan1ka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is profitable if you know when to shove and fold, but not the best type of poker obviously.

K

kopyrka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anybody have long distance for this format?
I haven't, I just played 63 times to meet requirements for bonuses, with ROI -15% (negative as expected), and got no bonuses - I'm not satisfied with format. Just wasted 3 hours of life.
But what do you say about wasting time when you have big stack? Since there is no ICM, no need to use timebank if this format is profitable for you. If not, I understand loosing time, but why to play it then?

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends solely on luck and some skill .. won 5USD one once and because I messed up ended 3rd instead of first with 20 USD (15USD profit). 1USD ones are full of fish and Russian/brasil players with scarce skill but great luck.. lost so many times with monster hand to 74 ,92 ,62, 6J offsuit.. but than again happened to me even in 16,50 USD knockout tournament on PS that shoved with AA vs call from Brasil under dog with 92 and when I hit A he got 222 on board and bested me with 4 of a kind.. So really it depends .. :)

B

bkr3026

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about this, I think that you started a lucky streak, and hopefully you can keep it going. please let me know whether or not this is still working for you.

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You make your money on beat the clock in the last 2/3 hands of the tournament. There's normally a few players with 10 to 15000 plus chips left and if you have a similar stack size you can win 7 or 8 times your buy in if you can take down the last couple of hands.

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know i dont really think u can make that much on beat the clock, got to get lucky mostly

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beat The Clock - another trick with the monstrous rake for people with a gambling addiction. The game lost about 10 $, more desire to play this game - no:(. Here a lot depends on luck.

P

PokahAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My memory says that last month there was challenge "Beat The Clock" by playing 3 BTC tournaments you get ticket for $20k all-in freeroll ( this ticket was worth to play for BTC). Depositing $20 you gain 5 x$1 tickets for BTC. Combining all promotions you can earn some $$$.