Bankroll Building

K

KCLEE816

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok i took a long break from online poker but i cam back 2 weeks ago and had a couple nice cashes....i withdrew it all but $500 .I try not to use to much of my bankroll online not as comfortable as playn live yet...anyway whats next what are the easiest way to build it I want ur opinons...

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of vague, but here is my current strategy -
Sticking to the game that got me there. I was having pretty severe stake swings when playing what ever the mood struck me. A tourney here and there, some full ring, 6-max, PLO, etc - no rhyme or reason. Up and down went my stake. Well I happened to break down my stats and discovered I was actually losing money on all but one of those. So I have decided to stick with what was working the best - VARIANCE BE DAMNED.
So far so good.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
practice good BRM and play games you enjoy

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure you are playing in the games you can afford. Good Luck

K

KCLEE816

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanx folks appreciate all comments ....i went busto already but.....learned good lesson thx to Media Blitz....that was a great idea seeing the games u beat ...well least now i know what stakes ill have the beast variance at so......should be good from here on out :)

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back, you are almost at the post requirement to play in the CC money added buy in games, those are a great opportunity, but tough competition.

K

KCLEE816

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really ??? thx for lettn me know :) gl at the tables....

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure you observe good bankroll management. I never buy in for more than 5% of my bankroll in a cash game and 2% for MTTs. What I tend to do is try and build up tourney dollars. You can use them to take a shot at a higher buy in MTT than your cash bankroll might be able to take and it's so nice when you cash and what you win is pure profit rather than winnings minus buy in.

I

ilovepoka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is better to build a bankroll from micro SNG, and then move on MTT Tournaments

laidlow

laidlow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is better to build a bankroll from micro SNG, and then move on MTT Tournaments

I would tend to agree here, however if they are your best game and you are rolled correctly then go for it. I'd definitely advocate sticking to one game, I found myself wandering all over the place trying things out when I started and didn't realise how much I was bleeding cash in all but the SNG's...

sCATpoker

sCATpoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play games you know you are good at..If it aint broke dont fix it...And of course at the buy-in that is within your bankroll management plan. If you dont have one make one b4 you play anything as BRM is as or more important than even playing well itself.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management