• Start date
E

Eldo Gomes Rodrigues

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Do we divide $50 into $50 tournaments or 100 0.50c tournaments?

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
You may want to try 2-3 tournaments with higher entrance fee and if you fail do the rest that require less fee to enter. Also I prefer knockout tourneys where I get bonus if I kick someone out so I still get something back sometimes even If I don't win anything.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are willing to redeposit then you play five MTT with an average of $10 per MTT Buy-in. However, if you aren't willing to redeposit then start with MTT should be no more 1% of the bankroll. I made adjust for the percentage of MTT Buy-in to my bankroll based on the following:

a. Freezeout, Unlimited Reenty or Rebuy - Addon
b Regular\ Turbo\ Hyper
c. Number of Player

Once in while, I take shot at MTT outside conditions listed above.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With 50$ the best is the 0.5$ tournaments because there is a better ratio. When you play 100 tournaments the possibilities for a good progress are more. But generally it depends and from the experience, which means you could play and slightly bigger buy ins.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Do we divide $50 into $50 tournaments or 100 0.50c tournaments?
I had a Friend who asked me how I was doing Playing On-line Poker, because he would always lose when he played On-line and have to Deposit £50 or £100 to get back into it.
I told him that on my favourite site at the time, I had over £150 in my account, and had never made a deposit, He asked me how that was possible, and I said freerolls! He came back with "Oh I cannot be bothered with them, they have way too many players, and can take hours to play"
I then said "Golden Rule number One, Poker is a Marathon, not a Sprint Race" There is no such thing as a Get rich Quick scheme, especially in Poker! It takes a lot of hard work and study to build a Bankroll from nothing, something I am proud of, and I never risk more than 1% of my Bankroll in a game of Poker.
He just said "Man, if I had £150 in my account, I would use it to buy into three £50 games" and I replied "Yes! and lose the lot in one night, No Thanks! I will stick with my 1% and take it slowly.

Never heard the story of the Turtle and the Hare Race? (Google It).

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think splitting it into 50 $1 tournaments is a great idea.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
100 tournaments for 0.50 dollars is a much better option for me :) At least I would proceed from this calculation.
Good luck :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
only these two options, and then 0.50 is better for your bankroll if you initially have $50, then play 0.50 tournaments, but if you play above average, you can also play tournaments at more expensive prices, for example, as an option for $1-3 to increase your money faster

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management