Bankroll

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play in the highest stake you feel comfortable at.
1 tournament a month? I'd say the buy in should be at least $100
You are making 1000 so 100 is only 10% of that.
A 100 tourney will pay off pretty big for the final table.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I'm a busy guy. I have work, school, etc. I'm going to dedicate myself to ONE deepstack 15 min blind tourney a week. This'll obviously be a long 6=9 hour commitment. My question is, what but in? I make about 1000 a month with no obligations due to school. My question is this, given the chance of winning, and the fact I'm playing money don't really need, would it make sense to play a 10 or 15 but in instead of just a 5 dollar but in? That be 40- 60 a month, with huge potential upside.

If you've time constraints, find a day where you can play for 12-13 hrs (MTTs usually last longer), and play as many tournaments of smaller buy-ins in one single session as you can register in a go. Better yet, play a lot of SnGs (usually lasts shorter than MTTs) of around $10 buy-ins. Remember, money is still money, maybe today you don't need it, but you never know about tomorrow.

I would play in the highest stake you feel comfortable at.
1 tournament a month? I'd say the buy in should be at least $100
You are making 1000 so 100 is only 10% of that.
A 100 tourney will pay off pretty big for the final table.

Not a sound advice. You're risking a lot on a single shot. Tell me something, if tomorrow, you've $100,000, would you be okay risking $10,000 on a single game (and do it 10 times?) or if you had $1 million, risk $100K on a single game?

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've time constraints, find a day where you can play for 12-13 hrs (MTTs usually last longer), and play as many tournaments of smaller buy-ins in one single session as you can register in a go. Better yet, play a lot of SnGs (usually lasts shorter than MTTs) of around $10 buy-ins. Remember, money is still money, maybe today you don't need it, but you never know about tomorrow.

Not a sound advice. You're risking a lot on a single shot. Tell me something, if tomorrow, you've $100,000, would you be okay risking $10,000 on a single game (and do it 10 times?) or if you had $1 million, risk $100K on a single game?

If I can make $100,000 A MONTH of money I did not need (exactly what the OP said) then yes I would easily be able to take a shot at a $10,000 buy-in tournament. Once a month every month.....

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management