Bad Luck or Missplayed?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Jerry. You did everything right. It's a freeroll and a lot of people (sad to say myself included) throw caution to the wind in the early stages of these things.

I believe it's because the payout schedule is so top oriented that most folks don't want to spend 2 - 3 hours only to walk away with a few cents. If they can gain a big advantage early on then that makes it more worthwhile spending the time trying to get to the top few positions.

Unfortunately it encourages bad play and discourages the players who are taking the game seriously from making any headway.

vegafx12

vegafx12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just the way it goes sometimes... Often, actually. Free roll or whatever, it's hard for me to ever place too much value in flopping top pair with with top kick. There are only certain situations where I ever feel good about shoving on the flop -- usually dictated by the pre-flop betting and, of course, the strength of my hand. In that particular situation, I would've just made a ~3/4 pot sized bet and gone from there...

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are required to call if the opponent puts with a hand that is worse than yours. The size of the starting stack was increased for a comfortable game. But some people don't want to play hands, so they just push.

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad luck, but, if there is a lot limp you must increase the preflop size

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad luck definitely ... especially since it's a freeroll tournament, you hardly could eject it out of the game because it's waiting for the strongest color, and that's it, came out heart on river and you lost ... bad luck .. :(;)

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You obv played it right.

Cant fold to a shove otf with that hand in a freeroll.

Preflop raise was fine too.

Happens.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad luck for you and good luck for him. Nothing ordinary everyday distribution.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem that I have with this is that AK should have won hands down 9 times of 10.

What I don't like is the A9 calling all chips for a flush. That is a bad call yet somehow won the chips.

This is the conundrum that there are tons of loose players bad beating a ton of other players.